Seattle, Washington, United StatesCategory:
22 hours agoPassionate, driven people dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.SpecialtyCare
sterile processing teams play a vital role in the health and wellbeing of our patients. By tracking and sterilizing vital surgical instruments, we reduce the risk of infection, lost instruments, incomplete trays, and surgeon frustration. Our Educators work in conjunction with the management team to ensure proper training for the sterile processing team. Our certified technicians provide the expertise, quality control, and strict regulatory compliance to keep the operating room running smoothly. Our SPM supervisors and managers are also instrumental in overseeing operations, conducting inservice training, and working with hospital administrators and staff to find and implement efficiencies that provide ontime service delivery, reduce costs, and ensure patient safety.Job Summary
As the Sterile Processing Educator you are responsible for education and quality assessments of the hospital's Sterile Processing Program according to IAHCSMM, CSBSPD and AAMI guidelines. You will work with the Supervisors and Managers to maintain consistent high standards in the training and education process of Sterile Processing Technicians to assure that the department will meet or exceed Joint Commissions/HFAP requirements.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission and others.
- Provides a comprehensive departmental orientation to all new personnel and required training to all staff on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and implements departmental performance improvement activities and assures ongoing staff participation.
- Maintains continued education in the field of Central Sterile Processing operations and equipment through education, literature and seminars. Provides instructions and inservice in new products, procedures and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent resource loss and maintain safety.
- Participates as an active member of hospital committees as assigned.
- Provides training and education to staff to prepare them for the national certification examinations.
- Provides instructions and inservice in new products, procedures and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent resource loss and maintain safety.
The Successful Candidate
- Associate's Degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Three years of experience as an Educator or equivalent sterile processing management experience.
- CRCST certification or CBSPDS certification required.
- Must have the ability to teach and have demonstrated ability in written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Strong relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal skills that can influence perceptions, decisions and actions of others through effective communications both within the organization and externally.
- Proven selfstarter who works well both independently and in a team environment.
- High energy, selfmotivated individual whose style is effective in working with all levels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvement using an analytical and metrics based approach.
- Ability to effectively review and synthesize medical literature for the purpose of writing clinical procedure guidelines, clinical policies and peer review scientific publications.
- Works well in a fastpaced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCare is committed to supporting professional growth for our associates. Each associate is allocated funds for continuing education, membership fees, and dues for professional associations. We also provide tuition reimbursement or tuition repayment assistance. We provide a full benefits package including a matching 401K and generous PTO plan. We also cover the cost of maintaining certification.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is atwill