Jacksonville, Florida, United StatesCategory:
Nov 13, 2019Passionate, driven people dedicated to making adifference in healthcare.SpecialtyCare
continues togrow and we'd like you to grow with us. Our clinicians and techniciansparticipate in over 400,000 surgeries each year in 45 states, the District of Columbia,and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 1,000 hospitals and support more than13,500 surgeons. By participating in such a large number of surgeries and byworking with worldclass surgeons, we are the most experienced provider ofoutsourced clinical services in the industry. We are always interested inbuilding our team by hiring and training smart, dedicated people who share ourvalues and our commitment to excellence.Focused onClinical Excellence
Ourexperienced, certified, and highly trained surgical assistants are trustedmembers of the operating room team, providing the highest level of surgicalexpertise to ensure the best outcomes possible. Most of our surgical assistantsdo nothing but surgery and, in fact, we often perform more cases each year thanthe surgeons we support. This leads to a high level of knowledge and expertise.By focusing our attention on the complex needs of the surgeons, and ultimatelyour patients, members of the SpecialtyCare Surgical Assist Team makes surgerysafer and drive better clinical outcomes.Job Summary
As a Surgical Assistant withSpecialtyCare you will act as a First Assistant to the surgeon(s) duringsurgical procedures and perform complex surgical techniques as needed anddirected by the physician. In this role you will work in various surgical specialties.Requirements
- Musthold certification/licensure as a CSA, LSA, RNFA, PAC or NP.
- Previoussurgical experience as a First Assistant.
- Abilityto build and maintain business relationships and retain and grow the business.
- Mustpossess strong physician/surgeon relationship skills and team mentality.
- Reliabletransportation and willingness to work at multiple locations as needed.
- Abilityto communicate and work effectively with team members, hospital staff andphysicians.
- Abilityto work flexible hours as scheduled, including weekends and holidays, and to beoncall as scheduled. Must be able to respondto calls or pages within 30 minutes.
Thesuccessful candidate must posses a high level of ethical, intellectual,professional and personal values that complement the team and companyvision. The following competencies arehighly valued:
- Strongrelationship builder with exceptional interpersonal skills that can influenceperceptions, decisions and actions of others through effective communicationsboth within the organization and externally.
- Provenselfstarter who works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Highenergy, selfmotivated individual whose style is effective in working with alllevels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvementusing an analytical and metrics based approach.
- Abilityto effectively review and synthesize medical literature for the purpose ofwriting clinical procedure guidelines, clinical policies and peer reviewscientific publications.
- Workswell in a fastpaced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Livesthe SpecialtyCare Values Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency,Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCareis committed to supporting professional growth for our associates. Eachassociate is allocated funds for continuing education, membership fees, anddues for professional associations. We also provide tuition reimbursement ortuition repayment assistance. We providea full benefits package including a matching 401K and generous PTO plan. Wealso cover the cost of maintaining certification.
SpecialtyCareis an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is atwill