Position: Artistic Associate
Reports to: Artistic Producer
Status: Full-Time, Annual, Non-Exempt
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, March 15, 2020 *Applicants accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled
Milwaukee Rep is currently seeking an Artistic Associate to join our team! The Artistic Associate is responsible for managing and overseeing Artistic Department administration functions, including providing general support as directed by the Artistic Director and/or Artistic Producer, and producing off-subscription artistic events, including the launch of a Cabaret series.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce non-Artistic Department events that include talent, including development and marketing events
- Lead development, programming, and cultivation of a Cabaret series under the guidance of the Artistic Producer.
- Assist in producing annual Gala
- In consultation with Director of Artistic Personnel, cast all ancillary events
- Assist with casting projectsschedule appointments, liaison with agents/actors, work as reader
- Assist in casting musicians for Rep productions, work with Music Supervisor
- Read and report on new and extant material in consideration for season planning
- Provide daily administrative support and assistance for the Artistic Department, including script copying and disseminating copies for production and literary as well as schedule coordination.
- Coordinate and prepare agendas for meetings of the full Artistic Department, Artistic staff retreats, including Associate Artist gatherings. Record and distribute minutes as needed.
- Work in tandem with the Company Manager to coordinate and oversee Artistic Department guest visits and itineraries.
- Coach EPRs in audition material, particularly music
- Build and cultivate relationships with fellow peers and theater artists in the Milwaukee community. This includes attending shows, gatherings, and patron engagement events as necessary.
- Attend Artistic Staff and Full Administrative Staff meetings
- Prepare and submit Artistic Department materials as required for Board Meetings.
- Lead talkbacks as needed after performances.
- Coordinate and process internal and external departmental communications as needed.
- Maintain and organize Emerging Professional Residency alumni lists.
- Maintain and organize extensive and comprehensive artistic database, including playwrights, producers, directors, choreographers, designers, composers, music directors, actors and other artistic personnel.Maintain current contact information for agents, playwrights, and producers in appropriate databases.
- Track and maintain the Artistic Department budget; Casting budget, EPR budget and Artistic General.
- Direct guest artist communication, requests, concerns, etc. to appropriate departments or facilitate solutions when necessary.
- Direct and respond to patron correspondence as necessary and appropriate.
- Support Milwaukee Repertory Theater productions by attending rehearsal hall run-throughs, previews, and opening night performances.
- Other administrative duties as mutually agreed upon with the Artistic Director and Artistic Producer.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time, annual position paid a weekly salary of $553. Milwaukee Repertory Theater employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for individuals, a paid time off package, an employer provided contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan without requiring an employee match, and employer contributions to a health savings account, as well as offering a health reimbursement arrangement.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read music/scores
- General knowledge of the musical theater industry and canon that would facilitate curating and preparing a Cabaret series as well as other events
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to work well within a team environment
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary. Ability to work overtime, on occasion, and as necessary to complete the required duties of the position
- Ability to pass a background check in compliance with local and/or federal employment laws.
- Ability to play the piano/sight read a plus.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and peripheral vision.
TO APPLY: Fill out online application, and submit Cover Letter and Resume, Attn: Laura Braza, Artistic Producer