BELLEVUE, WAPosition Type:
Full TimeEducation Level:
High SchoolSalary Range:
$18.25 - $20.35 Travel Percentage:
Restaurant - Food ServiceFood & Beverage CoordinatorCompensation:
$18.25 - $20.35 per hour; DOE Employment Type:
Full-time, non-exempt (Hourly)Location:
Bellevue, WASchedule Requirements:
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, averaging 40 hours per week. At times, the F&B Coordinator may be scheduled to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays.WHO YOU ARE
The Food & Beverage Coordinator at Meydenbauer Center provides work order process, clerical and administrative support, and sales and marketing support for the Food & Beverage Department. At Meydenbauer Center the Food & Beverage Coordinator is a resourceful and a creative thinker with a strong commitment to excellence and detail. The Food & Beverage Coordinator is a self-starter who takes initiative and seeks opportunity to collaborate to see a project or task out to conclusion. The ideal Food & Beverage Coordinator will also possess strong computer and technical skills with experience in navigating CRM software.A DAY IN THE LIFE
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Responsible for the flow of communication between Director of Food & Beverage, Event Managers (EM), Catering Manager, Executive Chef and Kitchen Administrator.
- Track and coordinate all questions and inquiries from clients, EMs, and sales and ensure timeliness of responses to all.
- Read, analyze and communicate information gathers from work orders about guests, setup, timeline, specific requests/needs, buffets, actions stations, bars, etc.
- Enter event history in EBMS; monitor bookings and changes in EBMS.
- Assist the Catering Manager with creative ideas for events including the execution
- In conjunction with the Director of F&B, EM, Sales and Marketing, assist in the preparation of sales and marketing materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Preference given to recent Hotel Management or Business & Marketing Graduate
- One - two years of industry experience at a comparable hospitality company or public assembly, including knowledge of catering operations and menu composition.
- Minimum one year computer experience with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite and In Design Software, CRM Software (Delphi or Ungerboek).
- Other equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
WHO WE ARE
- A team-centric work environment
- Health and wellness benefits
- HSA or FSA with Meydenbauer contribution
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday pay
- Retirement Plan with 5% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Parking Rates or Complimentary ORCA Pass
The Bellevue Convention Center Authority is a public development group chartered by the City of Bellevue. Our Board oversees three lines of business: Meydenbauer Center (our convention and event space), Visit Bellevue (Bellevue's destination marketing and management organization) and Meydenbauer Center Theatre (Bellevue's only professional performing arts space).
Our focus is giving back to our community through providing a gathering place that stimulates the economy and drives business in our region. People are at the center of everything we do. Working with the Bellevue Convention Center Authority is like joining a family.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Meydenbauer Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity applies to applicants as well as employees for all employment decisions.