Department: Brewers Association Professional Division
Position Reports To: Technical Brewing Projects Manager
The Technical Brewing Projects Administrative Assistant is a part-time position designed to provide administrative support for the technical department of the Brewers Association. The work includes committee and subcommittee administrative support, generation of purchase orders, tracking invoices, payments and grant awards.
- Coordinate with Technical Committee and Subcommittee Chairs to schedule meetings, develop meeting agendas, facilitate meetings and record and archive meeting minutes.
- Prepare departmental purchase orders.
- Track departmental payments and invoices.
- Administer annual grant funding disbursements, submission portal, evaluation, communications, and researcher reports including hop breeding program.
- Support Basics of Quality Workshops by maintaining inventories and shipping of equipment and supplies, etc.
- Administer Professional Division Basecamp.
- Administer Microsoft Exchange distribution list for the Technical Committee and Subcommittees.
- Support Supply Chain Specialist by participating in administrative projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to verbally communicate complex technical concepts.
- Strong knowledge of brewing science and brewing technology a big plus.
- Outstanding ability to develop positive relationships.
- Ability to focus on one subject for several hours at a time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively capture and record high level ideas and action steps during committee and subcommittee minutes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SurveyMonkey.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and projects to achieve ongoing goals in multiple areas.
- Strong organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and distribute work, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-motivation and ability work independently.
Attend frequent meetings/teleconferences with Brewers Association Technical Brewing Project Manager and Coordinator
This position requires experience with brewing and packaging operations in small brewery environments. This position requires familiarity with existing Brewers Association technical resources.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.