Construction SpecialtiesOUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUALS RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERANS STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better ® ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION:
- After receiving work assignments from Group Leader, determines requirements from work order, drawings, and other instructions.
- Ensures that guards and safety devices are installed on equipment and are operating properly.
- Performs required equipment safety inspections. Reports any discrepancies to Group Leader and shuts down equipment.
- Uses a variety of Shop tools and equipment to manufacture jobs through entire process from raw material to finished product. Also finishes the manufacture of material on incomplete jobs.
- Reviews job requirements and checks completed work to ensure that manufactured products comply with requirements and meet quality standards.
- Pulls all components for a job together.
- Completes paperwork, computer data entry, and any other records required.
- Moves jobs to Shipping and, in the case of urgent jobs, notifies Shipping Group Leader of the job's arrival and as necessary, notifies Customer Service.
- Instructs others assisting in the manufacture of specific jobs as necessary, stressing any safety procedures that must be followed.
- If so designated, acts as Group Leader back-up in the Group Leader's absence.
- Reports any problems or difficulties to Group Leader or Plant Operations Manager.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- Performs other duties assigned by management
(Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six to twelve months related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Will require training with respect to guidelines for hazardous material and waste handling within six (6) months of hire and annually thereafter.
- Ability to read work orders, drawings, instructions, safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to confer with other departments regarding manufacture of products.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
- The employee must continuously (over 70% of time) lift and/or move over 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.