450 Bond StreetID:
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer
to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL
Graphic Designer will be responsible for the design and delivery of creative elements in both electronic and traditional media, from website, brochures, magazine ads to trade show graphics. The Graphic Designer will also be responsible for bringing the Klein Tools visual brand to life. The ideal candidate will understand the Klein Tools brand and have a strong sense of style and highly defined understanding of how the functional and visual combine to create powerful marketing messaging. Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, this position will actively ensure, through art direction and hands-on design work, that the Klein Tools brand is consistently applied, in all mediums. This includes working cross-departmentally and within the Klein Tools Marketing department to support graphic design requests.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Implement industry best practices to ensure communications, promotions, and literature meet the needs of the business and adhere to established company branding guidelines.
2. Assume ownership of projects through from initial concept to completion.
3. Responsible for the accurate and detailed presentation and communication of all information.
4. Able to work on multiple projects, managing time, and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines.
5. Ability to pro-actively communicate on-time.
6. Create new concepts for graphics and promotional communication collateral.
7. Handle jobs requiring Web proficiency including page design and changes to existing content.
8. Art directs digital photography.
9. Handle custom projects including coordination, preparation of files, and evaluation of proofs and print.
10. Review printer proofs and press approvals
11. Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of Business-2-Business (B2B), Business-2-Consumer (B2C), or Agency experience working as a graphic designer. A portfolio is required - traditional print through digital (within various channels preferred).
Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, Mac OSX operating system, and minimal tasks in Windows OS required. Individual must show experience with Web design, HTML5, MS Office (necessary for day-to-day projects), branding in a B2B environment, social media, and Internet marketing trends. Occupant must show advanced knowledge of production, photography, proof-reading, and photo retouching.
Superior attention to detail and maintains a positive attitude and provides superior customer support. Possesses strong communications skills to effectively "pitch" creative concepts.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.