450 Bond StreetID:
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for an Associate Manager, Accounting
to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL
The Associate Manager, Accounting is responsible for managing daily activities of up to five Accounts Payable Clerks. In addition, this position will assist the Manager, Accounting with general accounting duties to include preparing the general ledger, reconciling the balance sheet, completing financial reporting, and assisting with year-end audit preparation. This position will also serve as a mentor for the General Accountant and Senior Accountant.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and maintain accurate financial records and control reports completed by the accounts payable team.
- Manage the credit card expense reporting system by addressing user questions and issues, coordinating expense report submissions and approvals, and ensuring general ledger recording and reconciliation.
- Assist the Manager, Accounting and Plant Controllers with month-end close through preparation of monthly journal entries, month end accruals, and reporting.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Review and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements for senior management.
- Work with the external auditors to complete the year-end audit.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and develop the accounts payable team.
- Mentor less experienced accounting staff.
- Create ad-hoc reporting and work on special projects as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base and understanding of GAAP.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Accounting with at least three (3) years of accounting experience. A minimum of one (1) year managing a team of accounts payable or receivable is required.
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification and relevant experience in a global manufacturing environment are preferred. Experience using Certify credit card expense reporting system is a plus.
Must have strong analytical and communications skills, verbal and written. Advanced knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes in priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. Ability to foster a team oriented work environment and inspire others. Ability to develop a team of people and allocate resources effectively.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.