Integrative Pet Care is seeking a full-time Rehabilitation Therapist/Technician to join our busy clinic. Our ideal candidate is experienced and passionate about the field of veterinary rehabilitation, works well in a group, values relationship building with clients and patients, and enjoys learning.
Integrative Pet Care is a stand-alone facility focused entirely on veterinary rehabilitation and sports medicine. Our rehab team includes 2 veterinarians with certification in Canine Rehabilitation, Acupuncture and VSMT/Chiropractic; 6 therapists certified in Canine Rehabilitation, 2 of whom are also certified in Canine Massage. Our medical team is supported by an enthusiastic Patient Services and management crew. We value a collaborative, team approach to care with ongoing in-house continuing education and a robust year-round internship program.
Our 6,000 square foot facility is located in Chicagos fast growing Logan Square neighborhood and includes a sun-filled hydrotherapy room with 2 Underwater Treadmills, 4 spacious exam rooms and a large gym with custom TherEx equipment.
Check out our Social Media to learn more about us!
facebook.com/IPCChicago/ @integrativepetcare on Instagram
- Be able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Be able to work with, restrain and lift companion animals of all sizes
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members
- Experience as a veterinary technician or veterinary assistant
- Be certified in canine rehabilitation or agree to pursue certification (CCRA, CCRVN, CVMRT, CCRP, VTS-Physical Rehabilitation)
- Be certified in canine massage or agree to pursue certification
- Be proficient in low stress handling- positive reinforcement is to be used with patients at all times
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be an integral part of the patient care team and work closely with the veterinarians and other staff as needed for patient care
- Be familiar with all treatment modalities
- Remain current in animal rehabilitation services and therapies
- Implement the prescribed treatment plans as prescribed by the veterinarian
- Monitor patient response to prescribed therapies and inform the supervising veterinarian of any changes in patient status
- Update patient records in a timely manner
- Maintain treatment areas in accordance with hospital protocols
- Participate in training and continuing education of staff as well as visiting interns and externs
- Assist with client education in accordance with hospital protocols
- Participate in public events where rehab can be promoted to clients, potential clients or referring veterinarians
- Perform other duties as assigned
Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off and a generous CE allowance.