US-MN-Bloomington | US-NY-New YorkID:
Engine exists to help future-proof their clients' businesses. In a fast-changing world, they empower their clients to outperform in the present and win in the future. Driven by data. Fueled by imagination. Powered by technology. Engine is an ecosystem of creative wunderkinds, uber-nerds, business consultants, cultural mavens and channel specialists working together to help clients grow. With global headquarters in New York and 17 offices across North America, the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific, Engine offers clients a vast range of marketing solutions-including insights, content, distribution, data and technology. Find out more at enginegroup.com
Engine US has an exciting opportunity for a curious mind to join their New York or Minneapolis Business Research team as a Manager, Research Analyst with a particular focus on secondary research. The analyst will work in a dynamic, fast-paced team to solve business problems for Engine's clients
Our clients operate in a variety of markets but some of our most common verticals include:
- Private Equity
- Advertising & Professional Services
- Financial Services
Using secondary research as the foundation of our deliverables, we often work with our clients to address their business challenges by providing insight on the following:
- Market sizing / Market share
- Market / Company profiling
- Audience demographics
- Competitive and strategic intelligence
- Trend / Innovation monitoring
- Omnibus analysis and delivery
- Social analytics
- Expert industry analysis
- Industry best practices
- Proficient secondary research skills including experience with secondary and qualitative research techniques in databases like Factiva, Nexis, Thomson Reuters, etc.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple short term and longer-term research projects without compromising quality or missing deadlines.
- Expert in the use of MS PPT and Word for report preparation and visual storytelling.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - connecting research to real world business challenges.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to make independent choices regarding matters of significance to business operations.
- Works well independently and as part of a closely-knit team.
- Experience, interest, and potential to interface and partner directly with clients.
- Professional, disciplined self-starter that takes initiative to solve problems.
- Experience with interviewing and / or social media analysis is a plus.
- Possess a general interest and curiosity to learn and experience something new every day.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience is required.
We, ENGINE, are an equal opportunity employer. We strive to promote an organizational environment that values diversity and fosters growth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis prohibited by law.