Avondale, PA, USRequisition ID:
Qfix is an innovative medical device company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing technology-driven solutions for radiotherapy patient positioning. Our focus is to foster a deep engagement with medical professionals to design and innovate patient positioning solutions. We make it our business to listen closely to the needs of medical professionals and together we advance precise positioning solutions for cancer treatment. If you'd like the opportunity to work for an innovative, technology-driven company with a passion for making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families, Qfix is the answer.Job Summary:
The Engineering Technician is responsible for Manufacturing and Assembly of Electromechanical Assembly products, managing the work area, inventory management, manufacturing documentation, testing, and supporting R&D efforts.Job Responsibilities:
• Assembling and troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies.
• Following and writing manufacturing travelers, work instructions, test plans, test reports.
• Managing inventory; interacting with purchasing and receiving.
• Operating small machines and equipment.
• Working with R&D Engineering and Manufacturing Engineers to perform testing and write test reports.
• Interacting with Engineering to improve manufacturing methods and efficiencies.
• Partnering with Value stream Manager to meet corporate scheduling tasks.
• Participating in Kaizen events.
• Adhering to and maintaining 5S and Lean Manufacturing standards.
• Working with a diverse population.
• Performing other tasks as assigned.Job Qualifications:
• Effectively interact with individuals and groups both within and external to the company to achieve desired results.
• Analyzing an issue/problem and making recommendations for an effective and efficient resolution.
• Effectively produce cost effective and time saving designs to meet the company desired results.
• Testing and troubleshooting electrical circuits.
• Reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma.
• Previous experience with assembly and troubleshooting of electromechanical assemblies.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing methods and techniques.
• At least one years' experience in managing inventory, interacting with purchasing and receiving.
• Experience with operation of small machines, hand tools and equipment.
• Fluency with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel etc.)
• Proficiency with following and writing manufacturing travelers, work instructions, test plans, test reports.
• Experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing standards preferred.
• Experience with setting up, monitoring and documenting medical device testing desired.