Pharmaceutical Research Associates, Inc.Database Consultant - Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer, Health Data Services
US-Northeast# of Openings:
Symphony Health SolutionsOverview
Database Consultant - Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer, Health Data Services
Role Location: Blue Bell, PA or Work Remotely
Symphony Health Solutions (SHS), wholly-owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, and technology solutions for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company enables their clients to drive revenue growth and improve commercial effectiveness while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem via our core offerings:
- Integrated Dataverse (IDV®) - SHS integrates a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together into our IDV® to provide clients with the most comprehensive view of drivers of biopharmaceutical market demand. SHS delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
- Vantage™ Applications & Symphony Healthcloud™ – SHS offers a comprehensive suite of cloud-enabled applications to support commercial analytics and hosted data integration and management solutions. Leveraging their extensive experience with healthcare data, SHS integrates and ensures the quality of data from a wide variety of sources, including claims, registry, lab and electronic health record (EHRs).
- Consulting & Services (C&S) – SHS offers a comprehensive set of retrospective and prospective commercial analytics, enabling clients to leverage SHS and other data to improve brand performance. With deep expertise in patient analytics, promotion optimization, media measurement, targeting & segmentation and managed markets, SHS offers our clients access to the expertise and analytics necessary to make effective decisions and improve their performance.
Our C&S unit is expanding in response to increased client demand for applications, cloud-hosting and data integration services. By leveraging SHS’s comprehensive data assets, Vantage applications, HealthCloud platform and data integration capabilities, the HDS practice offers customized, technology-enabled services to clients and acts as a key interface with internal technology and operations teams.
The Database Consultant is a proficient AWS Engineer who is responsible for designing and implementing AWS tenants hosted by Symphony or part of a Symphony Client’s tenant. The position requires a deep knowledge of AWS, Networking Technologies and Practices that can be leveraged to build and manage multiple client tenants simultaneously. Because we are a data services/consulting organization, a successful candidate will be effective connecting and managing various client AWS environments and will demonstrate strong presentation skills for client-facing consulting. Mastery is required of our standard Commercial Data Environment (CDE) which includes the following elements:
- EC2 WinServer
- EC2 Linux Server
- DocumentDB with Mongo Compatibility
- OpenVPN Server
- S3 Data Repository
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- AWS Tenant Building - The AWS Engineer is actively involved in the design of multiple client environments and ensures they are set up and maintained according to best practices. This includes network setup and SSO with various systems, interacting with AWS environment and infrastructure recommendations based on client requirements.
- AWS Tenant Management - The AWS Engineer is actively involved in security, user setup and maintaining AWS resources. Administers, monitor and deploy systems and services on AWS and other remote servers. Ensures the availability, performance and scalability of proposed infrastructure.
- Documentation – The AWS Engineer is responsible for maintaining the documentation of client environments to include the population of network topology drawings and runbooks that detail what was built and how.
- Client/Project Team Meetings - The AWS Engineer is responsible for demonstrating the AWS Environment capabilities of Symphony HDS in client meetings, communicates how the implementation will occur, manages their tasks to complete and contributes in client project team meetings—these are usually daily scrums as required.
- AWS Product Offerings– Contributes to the expansion of technology platforms for new, existing and/or potential HDS product offerings.
- Data Architecture/Data Modeling – AWS Engineer will apply storage and network optimization techniques to create data marts. This role will also interact with large data volumes with a variety of data sets and apply Database administration and query optimization techniques.
- Successful project experience deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, with demonstrated skills ensuring the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
- Demonstrated project team and consulting experience for either external clients or internal departments
- 3+ years’ experience as a multi-tenant support AWS Engineer - Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS
- 3+ years’ experience with Databases (Redshift, DocumentDB, MongoDB, PostgresSQL)
- 1+ years’ experience with DocumentDB with Mongo Compatibility
- 3+ years’ experience with EC2 instances (configuration, EBS, snapshot, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience with S3 / EMD
- 2+ years’ experience with writing Python scripts to develop bulk Redshift loads
- Network Configuration (VPC, Subnet, ACLs, Elastic IP, …)
- Security (IAM, Policies) - Expertise with cloud security, such as managing users, roles, and privileges through IAM
- ETL (Glue)
- Lambda, Athena, Glacier
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills