. Flower Mound, Texas Description
The Information Systems Security Engineer is responsible for implementing and managing all security
protocols for IntelliCentrics platform and infrastructure technologies.Primary Responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Develop and implement automated security controls for application and corporate infrastructure
- Monitor and analyze existing systems, networks, and logs for security concerns
- Lead security assessments to meet HIPAA and HITRUST requirements
- Manage, review, and provide corrective actions based upon automated vulnerability scans
- Identify vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from policies and provide automated or documented remediation steps
- Performs system audits to assess security related factors within the IT project
- Manage automated code scanning and vulnerability reporting
- Related duties as required.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated experience:
- Performing HIPAA or HITRUST compliance assessments
- Working with network & system security technologies and monitoring tools.
- Implementing and maintaining IDS/IPS tools in a cloud environment.
- With security systems, including: firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Privilege Access Management (PAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), monitoring tools, etc.
- Working with AWS and their tool set.
- Hands on Programming
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and familiarity with:
- Database and operating system security
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
Education and/or Experience
- Has completed a HITRUST assessment
- Experienced with AWS services & tool such as Lambda, S3, Kinesis, CloudTrail, among others
- Professional information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA or CISM)
- B.S. in Computer Science or EE highly preferred
- 5 years experience as Security Engineer or similar role.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
IntelliCentrics is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.