We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) at our Pottsville, Allentown, and Wyomissing locations. Part time and Full Time Registered Nurse (RN) positions available
The job description for a Registered Nurse (RN) is as follows:
- Evaluates and completes assessment of patient needs to provide supportive care before, during, and after procedures while maintaining accuracy and completing records.
- Communicates pertinent information to co-workers.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent potential injury. Investigates and intervenes in problem situations, reporting appropriate information to supervisor and documents same.
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment.
- Operates and troubleshoots specialized equipment and patient monitoring equipment.
- Anticipates and assists with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and medications.
- Accountable for administration of drugs, (with exception of IV procedures) and other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
- Ensures informed signed consent completed prior to administration of sedation.
- Provides guidance to other staff members assisting with orientation.
- Consults with appropriate supervisor or physicians as needed.
- Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibility for own professional growth and development. Participates with in service opportunities and staff meetings.
- Accepts direction from supervisor or physicians and adheres to established routines.
- Maintains patients rights to privacy by not discussing privileged information outside the work area or with in hearing range of visitors, family, or patients.
- Maintains flexibility and performs other duties as required.
- Functions within the legal limits of nursing practice.
- Refers situations beyond ability or function to proper person.
- Reports errors of commission/omission.
- Participates in performance improvement program.
- Assists in Code Cart Maintenance and Defibrillator Checks.
- Assists in completion of ASC patient log book.
- Initiates IVs and administers IV sedation under direction of physician.