2019-3093# of Openings:
Atlas Air, IncOverview
Responsible for managing the day-to-day flight activities of crewmembers. Responsible for managing flight activities during operational disruptions. Understanding the requirements of FAR and the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement). Adherence to compliance requirements of department standards. Provide assistance to other schedulers on the desk. Evaluate schedule changes and approve/deny as appropriate. Supervising Crew Schedulers on shift, ensuring crew coverage. Managing crew related costs on a flight by flight basis. Support Crew Scheduler Training program.Responsibilities
• Ability to understand and work at an abstract level and utilize technology as a tool to solve complex scheduling problems.
• Ability to anticipate operational disruptions and solve them in a proactive manner.
• Demonstrate expected behavior as well as the ability to remain calm and even-tempered during stressful situations. Maintain a "customer friendly" attitude when communicating with Crewmembers and other Company personnel.
• Assign daily shift responsibilities for the Crew Schedulers including rest breaks and ensure completion of all assigned tasks.
• Ensure compliance with Department SOP, FAR and CBA rules.
• Develop recovery plans caused by irregular operations and coordinate with all necessary GCC departments to ensure successful completion.
• Close coordination with the Operations Manager of any crew related operational issues. Present recovery plan(s) with multiple options that will allow the Operations Manager to make informed decisions.
• Coordination with Short and Long Term Planning on relevant issues.
• Report significant operational or departmental events to the Senior Manager of Scheduling Operations
• Continual system audits to ensure cost and crewing efficiencies.
• Responsible for the administration of the Department training program for the Crew Schedulers.
• Coordinate a smooth transition with the oncoming shift by presenting the turn-over briefing and ensure the shift is "set up for success".Qualifications
• High School diploma or GED or Bachelors Degree.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in either airline operations or crew scheduling/planning.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
• Must possess knowledge of airline scheduling software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to use a desktop computer.
• Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, administrative and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
• Ability to work a variety of schedules/shifts and holidays as required.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement