2019-1052# of openings:
The Dispatch/Receiving Agent supports Company yard operations by inspecting shipments for quantity accuracy; returning defective products or excess inventory; overseeing shipment of sold products and supervising yard personnelResponsibilities Essential Functions-
• Ensures all supplies are maintained at acceptable levels while maintaining costAssist with inventory preparation and maintains inventory control
• Responsible for the presentation of yard/warehouse products including, layouts, restocking, segregation and labelling of all special orders.
• Plans and schedules work load of yard men in relation to receiving orders or restocking inventory, building of orders to be delivered, and general yard condition.
• Supervises customer service in yard.
• Responsible for security and safety procedures of yard operation.
• Training and certifying new hires on forklift operation.
• Arrange for upkeep/repair on forklifts/company trucks.
• Handles the customer load building process with central dispatch.
• Closes the store when manager is unavailable.
• Periodically updates manager on any open issues.Other Duties
• Assist with sales at counter as needed.
• Assist with answering phones as needed.
• Assist with customers in the yard as needed.
• Other duties as assigned. QualificationsCompetencies
Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and evidence or insurability; excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent negotiation skills; pro-active planning and time management skills required. Working knowledge of construction industry and home building requirements.Required Education and Experience
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of receiving and dispatcher related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Prior product familiarization/product knowledge and experience working with building materials and in lumber yards. Prior experience in forklift operations and training employees on forklift and yard safety.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving forklifts, noise, vibration and extreme weather conditions. Physical demands include occasional forklift driving; prolonged lifting, carrying, standing, kneeling, walking, loading, unloading; ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time and unassisted.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work schedule varies and requires employee works every other Saturday and responsible for closing the store on occasion. Typical hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm, Saturdays from 8:00am to 12:00 pm.Travel:
Travel to other locations as necessary for meetings and trainingSupervisory Responsibility
Supervising yard personnel