2019-1836# of Openings:
Marketing, Design and CommunicationsAbout The Role:
ARC is searching for a Strategic Pricing Manager to be a key contributor within our Marketing and Strategy organization. As a Strategic Pricing Manager, you will provide analysis and strategic insights on the economics for ARC's commercial strategy while also driving the development and execution of the company's pricing strategy for data and non-data products.
You will generate pricing and other data-driven recommendations that will allow ARC's Executives, as well as Product, Marketing and Sales teams to drive growth (user, revenue and profitability) by utilizing diverse pricing and financial modeling strategies and tactics effectively. You will own and advance pricing initiatives, perform competitive pricing analysis, and lead/support other strategic initiatives with initiative and creativity.
You will be based at our metro-accessible headquarters in Arlington, VA.
If you possess a unique combination of data knowledge, technical knowledge, a strategic mindset and business acumen, then we want to hear from you. Come innovate with us!What You'll Get to Do:
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Develop, test and implement pricing models that best align with each product or investment initiative. This may include creating new models or variations of existing pricing approaches.
- Prepare and present recommendations to leadership for updates to current pricing for existing offerings, identifying and evaluating opportunities to drive revenue for new product features and new offerings reflecting competitive position and value generated.
- Develop financial models and analysis supporting and evaluating all pricing initiatives. Understand and evaluate customer level economics and customer lifetime value.
- Lead business case preparation assessing strategic and financial returns on ARC's initiatives. This would include financial (revenue, expense, capital) projections based on key assumptions. This also includes high level of problem solving and creativity to create complex models in Excel in order to analyze potential financial and/or market outcomes. Includes gathering and validating (challenging) assumptions provided by the organization, and/or acquired/derived from industry and other economic information in order to improve quality of models and confidence of output.
- Create multi-variable pricing tools that can be complex on the back end yet must be easy for our internal customers (Sales / Product Management) to understand and utilize.
- Lead external customer research to understand and validate pricing value drivers and customer willingness to pay. This can be through customer surveys, one-on-one interviews and / or joint efforts with ARC Sales. This includes learning about our customer's business, their pain points, their current solutions in place, and how ARC products can solve customer problems in order to estimate the value created and, therefore, how much of the value ARC can retain / capture.
- Create deal negotiation models and parameters for Sales that maximize customer value and support commercial objectives. This includes ROI / Sales enablement tools highlighting the value our products create for customers. Selected candidate will serve as a partner to help Sales, Product and Marketing teams to develop strategy, create creative pricing solutions and value-driven talking points to drive product and revenue growth.
What We Can Offer You:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Pricing, Finance or Strategy with knowledge of, and experience with, financial analytics, financial applications and financial data modeling (preferably Adaptive Insights).
- Expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with data warehousing, SQL and/or business intelligence applications preferred
- Experience synthesizing broad information-sets, synthesize findings and clearly communicate recommendations
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply