Cook & Boardman, Inc.
Technicians • Charlotte, North Carolina
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Technician who will work with our A3 Communications team in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Lead Technician – Physical Security will be responsible for installation, termination and configuration, without direct supervision, of access control devices, such as: card readers, request to exits, electrified door hardware, access control panels, analog and IP cameras, camera servers (NVR), power supplies, cable pathway systems and various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, low voltage cable and coax. They will be directly responsible for onsite tasking of Field Technicians and Installers to meet the project milestones set by the Project Managers and Field Supervisors. Installations are performed in both new construction and retrofit scenarios in a variety of environments.
- Onsite tasking of resources to meet project milestones established by the Project Manager;
- Install various access control devices and electrified door hardware;
- Install and connect access control panels, power supplies and control equipment;
- Install and program various CCTV; analog and IP cameras;
- Install and program various types of NVR’s and VMS platforms;
- Install cable and pathway systems to support security systems;
- Work in a team environment under project manager, leading a group of field technicians;
- Maintain installation deadlines;
- Be accountable for the daily time entries of all crew members;
- Maintain a high level of quality control;
- Ensure safety on the job site;
- Perform end-user training.
Please apply by submitting your resume via this job posting.EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal ContractorAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
- Shall hold and retain certification in at least (2) VMS systems;
- Shall hold and retain certification in at least (1) access control system;
- Shall have a minimum (1) year of experience of basic configuration of physical security systems;
- Shall have attended training for at least (1) camera manufacturer and received certificate;
- Shall hold and retain the OSHA-10 certificate;
- Shall demonstrate the ability to effectively lead an installation crew;
- Shall have served as a Field Technician (or equal) for a minimum of (2) years;
- Shall demonstrate proficiency in the installation, termination and configuration of IP camera technology, controller hardware, power supplies, door hardware and credential technologies;
- Shall possess competency in the principles and concepts of physical security systems and demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge in the field;
- Shall demonstrate proficiency in low voltage principles (ohm’s law, load calculations, metering, etc.);
- Shall have the ability to effectively communicate with customer IT and Facilities staff;
- Shall have the ability to effectively coordinate with other trades;
- Shall attend trades meetings at construction sites as needed;
- Shall demonstrate the ability to effectively plan work days for crews of (2-4);
- Shall participate in project commissioning and testing;
- Shall assist in the enforcement of standards related to final documentation.