Insignia Technology Services LLC
The Web Designer/Graphic Designer provides critical web design/development and SharePoint development support to a large program at the Department of Veterans Administration. Additionally, an ideal candidate will provide graphic design support in the form of infographics to support training as graphic support across multiple workstreams within the program.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve web content issues in SharePoint
- Good to understand SharePoint framework or ability to adopt
- Create, modify SharePoint objects including, but not limited to: Announcements, Asset Libraries, Calendars, Custom Lists, Discussion Boards, Document Libraries, Form Libraries, Issues, Links, Lists, Pages, Picture Libraries, Project Tasks, Surveys, Tasks
- Create and modify secure basic configurations, workflows on custom forms or similar No-Code/Low Code web-based environments
- Provide basic analytics and monitoring web performance on each sites and subsites
- Create, modify images or graphics including, but not limited to, BMP, GIF, JPEG/JPG, and PNG using Adobe tools.
- Develop and present UX, UI, mockups, and demos
- Establish and produce graphic material for use in marketing and promotion of web services and products
- Maintain and provide ongoing design of the website, with graphics, infographics, and custom email template design for clients
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Wireframes, static mocks, and high-definition prototypes
- Working with different content management systems, TeamSite, WordPress, and SharePoint
- Maintain the appearance of websites by following web standards
- Design visual imagery for digital campaigns and ensuring that they are in line with branding for the organization
- Troubleshoot and resolve web issues in WordPress following best practices
- Create, review and able to manage web content sitewide
- Good understanding on SDLC, and Systems Engineering concepts
- Education - Bachelors Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is requiredis required; eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Clearance - Ability to obtain and maintain a Low Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Good to have basic skills and knowledge of services, webhooks in SharePoint.
- Good understanding on SDLC, Systems Engineering concepts and follow best practices.
- Intermediate skills with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and other Adobe tools.
- Skillset and ability in InfoPath to create, modify and customize new and existing forms.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and other Adobe Tools.
- Ability to adopt current style guide and follow 508 compliance guidelines
- Strong grasp and practical experience working in HTML5/CSS/JS for the creation of high-definition and interactive prototypes.
- Excellent visual design skills with an emphasis on user interaction Mobile design experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of web design and graphic design (infographics)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn x
- No travel required
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
• Prior work experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
• 5+ years of related experience
• Ability to provide a portfolio of sample web design pages
• Ability to provide a portfolio of sample infographics products
At Insignia our mission is to ensure that those who have served and those who currently serve our country have access to the benefits they have earned through selfless service. We are an innovative leader in our marketplace, generating opportunities for our clients, employees, partners, and the communities in which we live, allowing everyone to achieve their goals and objectives.
Insignia is proud to offer eligible employees Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life Insurance and AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Retirement, Telecommute, and Continuing Education.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. Part-time remote work is an option. Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to lift to fifteen (15) pounds at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors.
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
It is Insignia Technology Services, LLC policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.