Customer Service Representative
Who We Are: New York Air Brake has been serving the rail industry since 1890 with innovative train control systems. Headquartered in Watertown, New York, with operations in Nixa & Kansas City, Missouri; Irving, Texas; West Chicago, Illinois and a brand new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Salisbury, North Carolina. Known for innovation, quality, customer focus, and safety, NYAB continues to grow and offer career opportunities in a people-first environment.
The Opportunity: We are seeking highly motivated and skilled Customer Service Representative for our Inside Sales Team. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for
- Enter and maintain customer sales orders. Identify any differences in customer PO with that of customer contract. Negotiate and resolve identified differences with customer. Ensure correctness of sales order entry into SAP. Coordinate customer demand with New York Air Brake LLC “NYAB” Supply Chain Management and Operations team as needed to obtain and maintain ability to deliver KPI at 95%.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding pricing, material, availability, order status and shipment tracking, etc.
- Maintain customer web-based portals as needed.
- Achieve assigned sales goals within assigned time frame and within assigned pricing parameters.
- Assist in the management of customer accounts by reporting on customer lead time variances, ordering history and trends, delivery performance KPIs, and customer pricing.
- Develop reports, documentation and analysis for use by NYAB Management, Operations, Sales Representatives, and customers as needed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of customer ordering systems (including customer reports, lead time requirements, forecast tools, delivery performance metrics, etc.) through customer contact, visitations, use of customer web portals, etc.
- Assist customer account managers in the development of price quotations and annual contracts. Develop a thorough understanding of NYAB contract review and requirements.
- Provide sales reports as required
- Other assigned tasks as required.
What We Offer: Competitive salary, generous paid time off (including vacation, sick, personal, and 10 paid holidays, and volunteer time), 401k with up to 6% company match and discretionary additional profit-sharing distribution, full medical-dental-vision benefits, free on-site workout facility, wellness program, various incentive programs, tuition assistance/reimbursement, student loan repayment assistance.
- Strong bias for action and customer focus
- Strong MS Office Suite capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
2-5+ years of relevant experience
Education: High School degree or equivalent, Associates degree preferred
Offers of employment are contingent on pre-employment drug testing and criminal background screening results
New York Air Brake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to excellence through diversity: EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Watertown, New York, United States