: US-NY-New York# of Openings
: HousekeepingPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
At Courtyard Manhattan Midtown East we are committed to provide gracious and outstanding service, by creating the most positive and rewarding environment possible through empowered associates. Our culture is designed to assist our guest and make them feel like their home away from home. The Courtyard Manhattan Midtown East is at a perfect location to visit the sights and sounds of the Big Apple and just steps from iconic destinations including St. Patrick's Cathedral and the Central Park Zoo. We look for dynamic people who are excited to join our team and can't wait to learn more about you! Overview
The Housekeeping Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the Housekeeping Department adheres to controls for expense management and utilizes the HEI tools to maximize productivity and minimize overtime. Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff workload to ensure compliance with cleanliness and maintenance standards, which requires continuous visual and written inspections of guestrooms and public space areas.
- Inspects rooms, storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair and controls expenses and minimizes waste within all areas of housekeeping and engineering.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Record, monitor, and update the status of rooms being cleaned on a daily basis.
- Develop systems to monitor and track productivity and overtime in the department
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with Union guidelines for scheduling, filling vacancies, overtime, tracking extra rooms and additional bedding. Ensure productivity is maximized and overtime is minimized.
- Ensure compliance of housekeeping and maintenance standard operating procedures and policies.
- Must complete monthly inventories for Housekeeping & Maintenance and ensure adequate supplies are on hand for guest needs and employees.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and guidelines and ensure full compliance with the SWIM program.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of housekeeping experience, preferably in comparable hotel.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Analytical approach to problems with regard for detail and accuracy.
- Sound administrative and managerial skills
- Able to work with other department leaders.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance and quality assurance programs.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.