Our client, an established CPA firm, is seeking an experienced CPA Leader to serve as Managing Partner and positively represent the company to prospective and existing clients, and work with a close-knit team to provide outstanding service. They anticipate a structured buy-in for this partnership with a guaranteed salary. Purchase agreement and salary are both negotiable.
The CPA Leader of the accounting firm serves a dual role. First and foremost, in a small accounting firm, the Lead CPA serves as the main source of labor for the office, both generating business and then performing the work that comes from new and existing clients. Additionally, to the extent that the firm might occasionally provide services to its sister companies it is the Leader's responsibility to perform or delegate those services as appropriate and work with the leaders of the other companies as needed to accomplish all goals.
This position demands all appropriate licensing/certifications and knowledge necessary to begin immediately working with our existing client base. This crucial position requires advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and other applicable technology.
As Managing Partner and CPA, you will also collaborate in a team-based environment. Furthermore, you will work closely with the president of the sister companies to set and achieve goals.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, professional environment, and who excels at networking and developing strong professional relationships.Requirements and Responsibilities for the Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an organized professional who is passionately committed to helping others.
- Three to five years of experience with tax preparation in a public accounting firm is required, as well as demonstrable experience in business administration
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn other software programs is essential
- Basic knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Ability to maintain up-to-date "due date" lists
- Provide constant client management including answering phone calls, responding to emails, and fielding the occasional walk-in clients
- Efficiently assist clients with tax planning and preparation, software implementation, IRS issue resolution, bookkeeping services, and business advisory services
- Superb information gathering skills in client meetings
- Supervision of staff members including other CPA(s) and Office Manager
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision is critical
- Willingness to work extended hours during tax season(s)
- Pro-bono work for non-profit foundations
- Excellent organizational skills including tax files
- Keen ability to prepare and/or approve all client 1040 tax returns as well as preparation of 1065s and 1120s
- Independent problem solver, accountable for multiple projects and deadlines
- The desire to learn and grow
- Ability to work as a team member, maintaining a great attitude
In addition, you must have outstanding communication and phone skills, a warm and outgoing demeanor, and the ability to manage your time effectively when faced with a variety of deadlines. The successful candidate will be one who is proactive and a self-starter.