Haley & AldrichGeologist - BostonSUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich
is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Building & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley& Aldrich is growing and we are currently seeking an entry-level Geologist
to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals ondiverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellentopportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a varietyof environmental projects for a diverse range of clients. This full-timeposition will be based out of our Boston, MA
office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES The successful candidate will:
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
- Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
- Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Perform historical site review and review applicable regulations, as appropriate.
- Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
About Haley & Aldrich
- B.S. in Geology, Environmental Science, Geoscience or related field
- 0-2 years of related experience, including internships
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains membership in one professional society or technical organization in their discipline or primary area of technical interest
- Has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as PG
- Computer Skills - Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
Haley & Aldrich, an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans´ Readjustment Act of 1974, Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and pursuant to Executive Order 13166, applicants with disabilities or limited English proficiency that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-617-886-7400 for assistance.