Reports to: Director of Advancement
FTE: Full-Time, Year-Round
When Needed: Immediately
University Prep is seeking a talented, engaging and compassionate Advancement Associate and Events Coordinator to help us advance our vision of being an inclusive community of learners that provides an outstanding education for each individual in a diverse student population. We are looking for someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We need a leader who understands best practices in advancement and events coordination. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you. Salary is competitive with public and independent schools. University Prep offers an excellent benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and an extraordinary work environment.
WHO WE ARE:
University Prep is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The school is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise our students to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda; they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Advancement and works closely with the Annual Giving Manager, Advancement Database Coordinator, and the Engagement and Alumni Manager. Responsibilities include planning and executing events, producing advancement communications and collateral, as well as administrative support. The Advancement Associate will serve as project manager for several Advancement initiatives and projects, as well as a point of contact for other departments within the school and outside vendors. The Advancement Associate will assist with operations for the department including records management, data entry, and archiving. The Advancement Associate will work closely with parent volunteers and will exhibit strong communication and organizational skills while assisting with donor relations and stewardship.
Event Planning and Execution
- Provides organized back-end support for all advancement-related events, including New Family Welcome Events, alumni events and reunions, Grandparents Day, annual Puma Fund and UPrep Together events, and ULab Capital Campaign events
- Collaborates with the division heads’ assistant and other offices to support UPrep community events as needed, such as Graduation, 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony, and Founders Day
- Ensures that all advancement events are branded, well-planned and executed, and within budget
- Manages event logistics including sending invitations and RSVP tracking, preparing mailings, follow-up calls/emails, and preparation of event materials
- Is responsible for printing name tags and creating guest sign-in and tracking lists for all advancement events
- Serves as point of contact for off-site venues and vendors, volunteers, entertainment, and leads day-of site set-up and clean-up
- Coordinates the communication and marketing of advancement events with Communications Team
Campaign and Communications Support
- Assists the Annual Giving Manager with the planning of our two annual fundraisers, the Puma Fund and UPrep Together to include: communications and marketing plans, calendars and timelines, supporting Class Agent volunteers, event logistics, and reporting
- Prepares materials for Puma Fund Class Agents, including personalized thank you notes and training materials
- Supports the Annual Giving Manager in creating text and design for collaterals such as solicitation letters, postcards, Annual Report, UPrep magazine, and the Advancement Brochure
- Works closely with the Annual Giving Manager and the Engagement and Alumni Manager to develop content for advancement-related all-school email submissions, blog posts, and social media
- Collaborates with the Engagement and Alumni Manager on all stewardship mailings
- Supports the ULab campaign committee by tracking communications in the database, assisting volunteer solicitors, and creating informational packets for solicitation meetings
- Organizes in-house mailing projects, including printing, folding and stuffing, ordering supplies, and scheduling volunteer support when necessary
Record Keeping and Office Management
- Maintains records in Veracross by updating contact information for current constituents, adding new family information annually, and researching missing information when needed
- Provides data entry support, including simple gift entry
- Works closely with the Engagement and Alumni Manager to enhance alumni records by saving and organizing historical information, and adding to our archives
- Assists the Director of Advancement with scheduling meetings, reserving meeting rooms, creating agendas, and taking minutes
- Balances and submits monthly credit card statements, along with department invoices, to the Business Office
- Maintains the shared Advancement Team calendar and ensures all Advancement events are properly listed on the all-school calendar
- Coordinates all logistics of office related trainings, meetings and celebrations
- Collaborates with the team to seek out and order new swag items, manages the swag inventory spreadsheet, and keeps advancement swag and storage closets in order
- Maintains all office stationery needs and assures printers are in working order
- Supports the work of the other members of the advancement staff as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
- Experience in administrative work required
- Fundraising and event planning experience in a non-profit setting preferred
- Experience in private school environment preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated self-starter; results-orientated with a strong work ethic; ability to multitask effectively and to prioritize competing demands
- Ability to manage-up effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to “tell the story” of the school to a variety of audiences
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- Familiarity with a database, Veracross preferred
- Proficient at working in a Microsoft Windows environment (Windows 10 or higher), using current versions of Office
- Ability to talk on the phone
- Ability to sit and keyboard up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Some travel required
If this sounds like you, please click on the URL below, fill in the "Apply Now" section, complete our online employment application, and upload your résumé and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in and qualified for this position.
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Thank you for your interest in University Prep and this position.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.