2019-2405# of Openings
Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane's spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
The Company is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world and has $500 million in annual sales. A global company with a history of over 200 years in the U.S. and Sweden; with more than 1,200 employees the business continues to grow through organic expansion, acquisitions and joint ventures with strategic partners. The newest banknote facility opened in 2017 in Malta.
Crane Currency is a stand-alone business within the Payment & Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations in Dalton, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Alpharetta, Georgia; Tumba, Sweden and Hal Far, Malta.ResponsibilitiesTeamwork is Currency at Crane
As a Watermark Technician Trainee with Crane Currency in Dalton, MA, you will play a critical role with an exciting, fast-growing organization known for innovative currency and banknote technology. The successful candidate will have the ability to "jump in" and contribute immediately to a fast-moving global organization.
The Watermark Trainee is expected to develop a broad range of skills in the project area of watermarked security papers for Currency Papers Manufacturing. Work in this area will require mechanical skills, some creative/artistic ability, the ability to use selected computer programs, and the patience to pay focused attention to fine detail.
This is a first shift trainee position. Selected candidates will remain in their current position while training for the Watermark role in anticipation of upcoming vacancies.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge and/or the ability to learn mechanical properties of mill equipment.
- Basic knowledge and/or the ability to learn the paper making process.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft based personal computer software programs.
- Working knowledge and/or the ability to learn welding techniques and equipment.
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and/or the ability to learn gas welding, TIG welding, and spot welding.
- Basic knowledge of rigging techniques.
- Working knowledge and/or the ability to learn to read blue prints.
- Preferred CNC experience
- Preferred AutoCad 2D/3D computerized CAD program experience.
- Adobe Illustrated (a plus but not required)
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Excellent eye and hand coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and follow safe job procedures.
- Must be highly flexible and willing to fill varied work demands.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Crane offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, generous 401k match, and much more. Our close-knit, friendly work environment also offers ongoing opportunity for career growth. Don't miss out, apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com
The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab