Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Engineering - Software • San Jose, CaliforniaDescription Position at Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Technical professionals are defined by what they create. Samsung has the risk taking corporate culture, strategic R&D investments and global know-how to imagine, develop and market products that lead the industry. Samsung's Device Lab located in San Jose, CA is currently recruiting world-class engineers who share our "Innovation through passion" philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, results-driven environment. Ready to re-imagine yourself? Imagine who you can become at Samsung.
Senior Engineer, TCAD R&D
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and perform the research on the general device modeling areas including the advanced transport and reliability physics in the sub-7nm FinFET, nano-wire devices, and memory devices
- Develop new ideas, concepts, and methodology of TCAD modeling to prepare for the future technology direction
- Develop the models and simulation code required to study the next generation transistors
- Working as part of a global team focused on quality, reliability and performance
- Identifying and implementing development best practices for quality and efficiency
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 4+ years of code-development experience in the TCAD simulation and modeling area
- Strong background in device physics and semiconductor technology
- Experience in the design and architecture of device simulation code
- Strong C/C++ programming skill
- Experience on atomistic simulation (such as Density Functional Theory and Molecular Dynamics) is welcome
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, as part of a local and globally distributed team
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation
- MS or Ph.D. degree in EE or related fields (e.g., applied physics, material science)
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays.
A day in the life Samsung Video: http://bit.ly/1saHOGu
Click here to visit our Samsung Semiconductor Career Page