P2 Energy Solutions
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.Job ID
Empowering The People Who Power The World
Are you interested in a career opportunity with a growing software company? P2 Energy Solutions is dedicated to providing a positive culture where the ability to learn, collaborate, and make a difference is rewarded. We have a fast-paced, innovative culture where employees are empowered to provide a superior experience for internal and external customers.
Upstream oil and gas professionals who are focused on solving tough challenges rely on P2 software, data and analytics solutions to optimize their business performance. We are currently developing our solutions on mobile and in the cloud! More than 1,600 companies from around the world use P2 solutions every day to manage their land assets, measure and process financial information, optimize production, and manage their reserves. With more than 80 years of experience in data and 30 years in software, P2 has offices around the world, and employs approximately 600 people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Senior Business Analyst is a senior member of the development team. They coordinate and contribute significantly to documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives, backlog refinement, system demos, and reviewing the work done in the team. They participate in all aspects of the agile software development lifecycle, from inception to support. Senior Business Analysts design and deliver complex solutions across entire application which address customer requirements. May interact with customers through requirements gathering and presentations at customer events. They understand and improve the process and support adoption by the team. They work with other teams to increase the productivity of their own team. Senior Business Analysts are responsible for creating a positive culture within the team and help other team members meet the team's committed objectives. Senior Business Analysts embrace continuous personal improvement in their own learning process and take an active role in mentoring and training team members.Essential Duties:
- Contributes independently across all functional areas of a product
- Scopes and designs new features
- Understands and mitigates the impact of design decisions across the entire product
- Drives and manages design conversations for features considering business need
- Contributes business knowledge to application testing
- Plans and contributes to team growth
- Owns problem resolution for internal and external customers
- Participates in time estimates
- Defines and creates artifacts/documents that are valuable to the team and align with P2's development methodology
- Continued ownership of professional growth including:
- Product and business knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Process knowledge
- Acts as a role model and mentors other team members
- Teach areas of the application and industry practices to the team.
- Contributes to defining and enforcing procedures, standards, and continuous improvement in support of P2's development methodology and HPC
- Participates in the Agile process
- Maintains the team backlog, including User Stories, Defects, and Enablers
- Supports Acceptance Test-Driven Development by participating in the development of story acceptance criteria, drafting them when feasible, and providing examples
- Accepts Stories by validating that the story meets acceptance criteria, has the appropriate acceptance tests, and otherwise complies with the Definition of Done
- Coordinates dependencies with other teams
- Produces the System Demo for stakeholders' review
Work Quality and Efficiency
- Knowledgeable in various areas of the upstream Oil and Gas Industry in Canada and/or the US, and/or international jurisdictions. Keeps up with ongoing changes in business practices and regulatory requirements and shares with team
Decision Making: Creativity, Judgement, Initiative & Flexibility:
- Ensures quality of documents written within the team
- Adheres to Quality team standards
- Continually defines, improves, and is responsible for the quality standard of the product
- Negotiates team commitments and ensures that the team's deliverables meet the scheduled commitments
- Makes decisions across the product that create high quality design and delivery of the application
- Initiates or facilitates conversations to get the support/clarity necessary to resolve impediments
- Constructively challenges existing perspectives and proposed solutions inside the team
- Engages in open, productive dialogue involving multiple viewpoints or conflicting perspectives both inside the team and between teams
- Anticipates and addresses gaps in the product or process to meet company goals
- Drives alignment of work with committed objectives, strategic initiatives, and company goals
- Associate's degree in a related area and 6+ years of relevant experience
Belief In The P2 Way
Please note: Assessment testing may be required for this position.
- Always be learning.
- When in doubt, talk it out.
- Show up and follow up.
- Create positive energy.
- Think beyond...
We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation structure. We have a positive culture designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. P2 is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities, and we would love to talk to you further!