Salt Lake City, UT, USA
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.RESPONSIBILITIES:Document Control
Scope of Work Support
- Review, organize and distribute Contract Documents (drawings, specifications, schedules, RFIs, Construction Bulletins, etc.) and shop drawings/submittals to appropriate team members (e.g. Harris project team, subcontractors, fab shop and vendors).
- Distribute and log all of the above activities for the team.
- Assist in drafting, submitting and tracking RFIs and their corresponding responses.
- Attend field coordination meetings & distribute meeting notes
- Assist in the administration of project specific quality control program and compile documentation.
- Administer/update progress drawings and as-built drawings.
- Administer project closeout documentation including Operation and Maintenance manuals, startup reports, owner training and punch lists.
- Assist in the identification, tracking and reporting of changes to original scope of work.
- Maintain equipment procurement logs.
- Assist in management and tracking of tool and equipment rentals.
- Perform site walkthroughs and inspections
- Assist in site safety compliance
Job Costing and Labor Tracking/Productivity
- Coordinate with suppliers/vendors to estimate projects
- Perform basic estimating skills utilizing estimating software
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Assist project manager and field foreman to track labor productivity in accounting software.
- 2 year Associates or Technical degree required or Journeyman level achieved
- 4 year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency of math and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and strong desire to learn
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication while working in a team environment
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: