Myriad Genetics, Inc
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.Software Engineer (LIMS)
US-CA-South San FranciscoJob ID:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Myriad Genetics Inc.Overview
At Myriad Women’s Health, our goal is to deliver meaningful health information to aid families in making life-altering decisions. Our software engineers work closely with all areas of the business to develop world-class products that impact hundreds of thousands of patients a year.
The LIMS team is responsible in building software solutions to support our busy CLIA team including: sample receipt and archival, lab workflows, data management, and sequencing call review. Our ideal candidate is someone that is passionate about helping patients, meticulous about ensuring the quality of our test results, and is excited about working with genomic data (and the challenges that come with working with large datasets!)
We use modern web technologies including: Django, Python, and Postgres. We’re agile and love test driven development. We’re looking for a skilled engineer with a love for creative problem-solving to join our team.
We believe in:
- Flat, functional teams with high degree of self-ownership
- Recognize and tradeoff between short-term and long-term infrastructure and make them explicit
- Empathy up and down, left and right and both within and external to the organization
- Egoless engineers and managers and empowerment leads to self-managing
- Low barriers to entry, inclusion first, and diversity makes the team and results better
- Having fun, exercising humility, and practicing growth
- Develop web apps to support our lab workflows and informatics to help our users process and analyze high-throughput sequencing data in scalable and efficient ways.
- Design and implement software solutions for managing sample and workflow traceability across multiple systems and microservices.
- Develop ETL pipelines for tracking external datasets and combining with our internal data and systems.
- Integrate closely with the lab, automation, bioinformatics, and genomics teams to deliver fast and high-quality clinical results (at a large scale) to our patients.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and engage in building solutions for improving our codebase
- Be a team player by engaging in pair programming and actively participating in group discussions and code reviews
- Exposure to Computer Science and Engineering as a discipline. A BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of industry experience working with web application development, preferably recent Django experience
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Mac OS, Linux, and Git
- Familiarity with software engineering fundamentals: data modeling, testing, and version control