Neenah PaperJob Locations
US-WI-Appleton# of Openings
Neenah Inc. (NYSE:NP) is a multi-national technical products and premium paper company with over $1 billion in annual revenue. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Neenah has manufacturing, distribution, and service centers in Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Great Britain, Germany and the Netherlands. We have grown significantly in recent years bringing more innovation and customization across all of our key business units. We continually add capabilities that will continue to accelerate our strategy and expand our target growth of Fine Paper & Packaging, Performance Materials and Filtration. We believe in high integrity, high expectations, and high performance, while providing a competitive total compensation and rewards package. Neenah provides the opportunity to make an impact.
We are actively pursuing interns with a Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Paper Science background to complete a 2020 summer internship program at the Appleton Mill in Appleton, Wisconsin starting in May 2020. The internship will provide exposure to many aspects of operations including a multi-functional team setting, real-time production, process experience and project work with specific deliverables and exposure to the mill leadership team. Interns will participate in mill and production line operations to learn technical properties and quality issues of paper or paper based materials.
Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business. Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting. Responsibilities
- Work with the Appleton Mill Operations team on process efficiency improvements, cost savings and/or technology advancement
- Work on projects assigned by mill leadership
- Attend meetings with leadership team, reporting out on assigned tasks and present finding from special projects
- Work with engineers and identify paper defects
- Participate in new customer trials
- Work with leadership to modify or create standard operating procedures Qualifications
- Individual must be currently enrolled and working toward a BS in Paper Science, Chemical Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Student will need to have completed a minimum of two full years of course work with preference for individuals who have completed three full years
- Preference is a minimum 3.0 GPA in your academic field of study
- Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business
- Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting
Neenah, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran's status or on the basis of disability. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.