CarringtonBankruptcy Customer Service Specialist II
Regular# of Openings:
Carrington Mortgage Services, LLCOverview
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family residential real estate transaction, including investment in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Carrington has built the infrastructure necessary to maximize value during any market cycle.
We are currently hiring a Bankruptcy Customer Service Specialist II for our office in Westfield, IN. Consider Carrington Today!Responsibilities
Responsible for providing excellent customer service by answering a large volume of incoming calls and third party inquiries regarding existing real estate mortgage loans in bankruptcy. Also handles inbound calls and outbound calls to borrowers due for current month. Resolve customer issues as quickly as possible while providing accurate and timely information within company policies and all applicable regulations. This person may perform other bankruptcy duties. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
The Bankruptcy Specialist, Customer Service is an experienced level role in the job family and handles regular Customer Service calls as well as calls for borrowers in bankruptcy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers all incoming calls both simple and complex, via an Automated Call Distribution system (ACD), from borrowers and third parties with inquiries about existing mortgage loans.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls from borrowers, bankruptcy attorneys and/or other interested parties with inquiries regarding residential mortgage accounts in the bankruptcy process.
- Deliver accurate and timely information to callers in a courteous and professional manner, striving for first-call resolution whenever feasible and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Perform necessary steps to provide call resolution which may include setup and routing of process tasks, email or phone contact with other departments.
- Track, follow-up and complete customer call backs to ensure inquiry resolution.
- Collect payments whenever necessary and appropriate.
- Document call details, such as nature of call, customer comments, follow-up dates, etc., in mortgage servicing system
- Knowledge of current Federal Bankruptcy Laws preferred and a basic understanding of the bankruptcy proces
- Ability to manage work in order to meet strict deadline
- Basic math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Customer service/call center experience preferred
- One year experience in Banking, Mortgage/Loan Servicing industry experience preferred
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation with incentive bonus plans
- Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 15 days of paid vacation in the first year, not including sick time or floating holidays
- Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal;
- Customized training programs to help you advance in your career.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
- And a philanthropic workforce that supports causes year-round through the Carrington Charitable Foundation.