Ralph L. Wadsworth
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Job ID
2019-3406# of Openings
Project Management, Engineering and Estimating
Responsible for assisting in preparation of estimates in areas of highway, heavy civil and highway bridge projects. Other estimates could also include large concrete paving projects. This position will work closely with Sr Estimator, Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Managers, Accounting and the Chief Estimator. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement of this position as well as meticulous attention to detail.
The Estimator essential Duties and Responsibilities are listed below:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Proficiently prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour and equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work.
- Review/research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Incorporate historical data into unit and man-hour figures.
- Actively participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Proficiently maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Create, send and manage subcontractor requests for proposal.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical school or university in Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of 4 years of heavy civil, heavy highway estimating experience
- A minimum of 4 years estimating for large structural concrete project (box culverts, etc.)
- A minimum of 4 years estimating for heavy highway, mulitiple concrete bridge construction projects
- A minimum of 4 years estimating highway projects involving MSE concrete walls, medium divider walls, bridge concrete deck work, concrete paving, bridge reconstruction
- A minimum of 4 years estimating highway projects involving mass dirt excavation, pipe laying, road widening, heavy equipment operations
- A minimum of 4 years of estimating self performed work (concrete carpentry work, dirt work, concrete paving, etc.)
- General understanding of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- A minimum of 2 years of Estimating & Scheduling software; Internet and Project Management software; namely HCSS/Bid2Win, Viewpoint, AgTek, Tremble Business Center, P6, Excel.
- Health Benefits
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Annual Bonus
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and advancement