IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's Infrastructure Platforms and Technologies Group is seeking a Research Manager to support its research and business development efforts in this sector. We are looking for an individual that has exposure to or has managed infrastructure technologies, systems and platforms:
- Current and next-gen infrastructure technologies spanning compute/servers, storage systems and converged infrastructure from leading vendors like Dell, HPE, NetApp, Pure and others.
- Current and next-gen infrastructure virtualization and orchestration technologies such as VMware vSphere, KVM and Xen, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Converged and hyperconverged infrastructure (e.g. solutions from Dell, VMware and Nutanix), composable/disaggregated infrastructure (e.g. HPE Synergy) and integrated platforms like Exadata.
- Cloud on-premises solutions from vendors like Amazon Web Services (e.g. AWS Outposts), Microsoft (e.g. AzureStack) and Google (e.g. Anthos)
- Current and newer storage system architectures, data-persistence and memory technologies
- Storage and Storage related software solutions including data protection and recovery, copy data management, software-defined storage, archiving and storage device management software.
This is a highly visible position that requires the candidate to develop cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research for IDC's exceptionally diverse base of clients that includes hardware, software and services vendors.Responsibilities
- Publish and present innovative, insightful, and actionable research: this includes writing well-researched and concise reports, generating forecasts, and presenting findings to vendors.
- Participate in survey design and analysis: working in cooperation with IDC's primary researchers to develop, execute and publish relevant consumer and enterprise survey data
- Provide first-class customer support and advisory services: our clients rely on us for timely and actionable insights and ongoing customer interaction is a top responsibility
- Work closely with other IDC analysts to collect, analyze, and report historical device shipments as well as forecast future shipments
- A broad background that includes understanding of infrastructure hardware and software platforms and technologies, participating vendors and market dynamics.
- Ability to critically analyze new, disruptive and emerging technologies, products, services and vendors, and express the analysis in a written format.
- Strong research experience and the ability to develop and maintain quantitative data models for historical and forecast data, develop related qualitative analysis, analyze survey data and deliver documents and projects on a timely basis.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. This position requires excellent presentation skills
- Good social media and blogging skills
- Ability and ease with working independently and with a team
- Prior experience working as an analyst and/or related business experience is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree
- Experience working with an IT infrastructure vendor is preferred.
In addition to the opportunity to join a highly successful and motivated research team, this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to thrive in the industry's leading provider of market intelligence, delivering expert solutions to major suppliers of cutting-edge infrastructure solutions.About IDC:
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.