ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze layouts, illustrations, drawings, mechanicals and other related materials to become familiar with assignments.
- Pre-flights supplied artwork for compliance and analyze drawings and mechanicals for effective printability.
- Creates and develops graphic artwork for custom laminate opportunities and customers to customer specification.
- Formats and completes graphic files for custom laminate orders received for digital printing
- Interacts with customers to discuss design concepts when necessary.
- Color matches specifications on digitally printed custom laminates and works with the customer to receive approval on submitted proofs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Knowledge of computer graphic programs sufficient to create working files that can be output to large format printing equipment
- Must be advanced skill level in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Ability to produce specified colors through the use of CMYK process
- Knowledge of high-pressure decorative laminate and the related manufacturing process
- Ability to exercise diversity of elements in different graphic programs to achieve necessary and specified end design requirements
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written and/or oral instructions. Ability to solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write and communicate effectively and present in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Bachelor Degree Required
Graphic art or closely related fields
One year of experience may be substituted for one year of required education
Maximum substitution of two years.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuously stand/walk or lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight (20-50lbs) Examples: Nurses, LVNs and physical therapists
ENVIRONMENT: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights. Examples: mail clerks, material handlers and food service workers