Altarum Institute# Positions
Altarum is pleased to announce an opening for an IT Operations Manager (IT/OM) to join our Corporate IT Team. This position can work out of our office location in Ann Arbor, MI or Washington, DC. As Operations Manager, you will report to the Corporate Director, Information Security and Technology (CD/IT), as well as manage operational Corporate IT Staff. The IT/OM will be responsible for all aspects of the operation network, whether it be in the world of networking or Windows administration. The IT/OM would be able to manage and utilize existing Corporate IT Staff to accomplish needed maintenance tasks, strategic projects as well as support the Corporate IT Helpdesk Manager and team by performing Tier 2 and Tier 3 issue resolution.
The IT/OM will also be responsible for administrative tasking as it relates to the role of a manager within Corporate IT, this includes but is not limited to submitting budget needs, performing performance evaluations at regular intervals, being an advocate for the Enterprise and working with the CD/IT to achieve strategic success via project completion.Responsibilities
- Manage the IT operations team.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and direction to IT operations ensuring systems are running reliably and users are trained and supported in an efficient manner.
- In conjunction with CD/IT implement long-range planning of IT goals and strategies aligned with business initiatives to maintain competitiveness.
- Recognize new developments in information systems technology and anticipate organizational modifications.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information and intellectual property.
- Ensure IT needs of the organization are being met for market segments, offices, projects and users by meeting with managers and executives on a regular basis
- Lead the review and development of IT solutions and assist with project planning and implementation.
- Develop and implement strategies for keeping IT equipment and software at the appropriate level of technology.
- Develop and implement an annual IT plan and budget collaborating with the CD/IT to address overall Corporate IT and user needs.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure their confidence in technology systems and functions, communicate technology updates, and provide the information, tools, and training needed for optimal performance.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Envision the resources and structure needed to achieve the IT team's strategic priorities and goals.
- Hire, develop, and retain a high-performing, effective, and diverse team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in information systems management, operations, support, and/or design.
- Approximately 5 years of experience leading design, implementation and support of enterprise-level IT infrastructures in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrated hands on experience with information technology and infrastructure.
- Experience managing on-prem or cloud-based systems such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Tableau, and more, and managing a multi-site IT infrastructure.
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate effectively, technically and non-technically, across all levels of employees
- Exemplary IT experience in the provisioning, supporting, and maintaining of endpoint hardware and software.
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop solutions to problems as they arise and the judgment to know when to enlist the help of colleagues.
- The ability and desire to operate with a high level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence and willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- A sound understanding of end user devices configurations and solutions.
- A proven ability to work with vendors, ensuring appropriate costs and support are acquired, while confirming stability within the Enterprise.
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans' health.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.