Performs research & development activities and assay validations as required under direct supervision. Drafts test methods and clearly documents all experiments according to SOPs and cGMP guidelines. Performs laboratory maintenance duties. Works closely with Testing Operations during assay transfer and validation activities.Responsibilities
QualificationsJob Requirements: Experience / Education
- Executes R&D studies planned by supervisor or technical lead. Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
- Executes QP and VPs, and other GMP methods under supervision by supervisor or technical lead.
- Drafts test methods/RPs/SOPs under guidance of supervisor or technical lead.
- Conduct LIMS transactions as appropriate for laboratory technician level.
- General lab housekeeping (including appropriate documentation) and ordering, inventory management, initiate work orders.
- Responsible for REES/ELPRO monitoring and response.
- Performs equipment PMs, as needed.
- Prepares and maintains reagents for laboratory use.
- Completes all required training (i.e. safety, equipment etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends
- May be required to work Overtime
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- May be required to assist in other departments
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or science related field
- Experience with (insert appropriate technical skills) is required.
- Experience with biologics and (insert appropriate technical skills) is desirable.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment and computer equipment and software.
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly.
- Ability to work under limited supervision at times and to handle problems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with variable noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Biohazards / Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Clarity of vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors, preferred
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.