Thomas & HuttonThomas & Hutton
is a growing, well-established civil engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the southeast. We are an award-winning company that has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Georgia and South Carolina. Some of our many services include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a motivated and driven full-time Civil Engineer in Training to join our Mount Pleasant, SC office.
Working under the direction of a Project Manager, the Designer I will be expected to successfully prepare site development construction drawings, engineering design considerations for water, sewer, and storm drainage infrastructure, and permit applications associated with residential, commercial, and or industrial projects. Experience using AutoCAD is required and experience using Civil 3D software is preferred. Minimum Requirements:Experience:
Previous internship in a related field preferred. Education:
Must be pursuing a BS or MS from an ABET-accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering. Skills:
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software applications.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM - 530PM Mon-Thurs and 730AM - 1130AM Fri
- Proven ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks
- Highly client service oriented, self-starter, and team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent time management skills
Thomas & Hutton's Mission Statement, "Relationships and Solutions for Success" describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more. Some of our many benefits include:
- Superior Health, Dental, Vision, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Condensed work schedule
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- Retirement Plans
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English