Audio Visual Services Group, LLC
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Finance - Tax
October 10, 2019
Schiller Park, IL, USACompany Overview
PSAV is a leading provider in the audiovisual and event experiences industry delivering creative production, advanced technology and staging to help our customers deliver more dynamic and impactful experiences at their meetings, trade shows and special events. As the provider of choice at nearly 1,600 leading hotels, resorts and convention centers throughout the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East, PSAV’s customers comprise event organizers, corporations, trade associations and meeting planners. Our customers choose PSAV for its innovative and comprehensive service offerings, as well as our exceptional customer service from more than 10,000 highly trained staff across a global platform.Position Overview
Corporate Tax Internship position is designed to provide participants with a broad exposure to the tax function with an emphasis on federal, state and international tax reporting as well as providing support for tax accounting and a general understanding of the Company’s effective tax rate. The Tax Intern will also assist in the preparation of corporate tax return work papers.
This position is based in Schiller Park, IL. Temporary housing is not provided for this role. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing work papers and schedules for use in preparing Federal income tax returns, estimates and provision
- Assist in preparing work papers and schedules for use in preparing State income tax returns, estimates and provision
- Prepare spreadsheets to assist in sales and use tax filings, along with other relevant activities
- Perform general administrative tasks and other essential duties as needed.
- Assist in research of fundamental tax issues as needed
- To be successful in this role the intern must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, a team player and deadline driven; possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Working towards a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic PC skills with a working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.