DataDirect NetworksJob ID
US-CA-ChatsworthJob Posted Date
11 hours agoOverviewDataDirect Networks (DDN.com)
is a world leader in massively-scalable storage platforms and solutions engineered for the Big Data and Cloud era. Our storage, processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high-data growth environments to achieve the highest levels of systems performance, scalability and efficiency. In solving today's Big Data lifecycle management challenges at scale, DDN enables organizations to maximize the value of their information, everywhere. As the technology behind the world's leading data-driven organizations, our customers include online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, financial services, media production houses and security and intelligence agencies. Job DescriptionJob Description - Service Desk Technician
Provide desktop and telephony support for all company users and resolution of user problems of high complexity. The Service Desk Technician will research, resolve, and respond to user questions and issues in a timely manner as well as work with other IT staff members to complete various infrastructure projects as assigned. We are seeking an individual with a high level of proficiency in computer hardware, software, and phone with other assigned duties as needed to support all here at DDN.Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to
Requirements for this role are
- Responsible for creating and resolving all Service Desk trouble tickets in a timely manner from end-users experiencing problems with all computer-related technologies.
- Track, follow-up, and communicate to appropriate parties regarding ongoing issues, status and resolution of trouble tickets.
- Interview end-users to collect information about problems and lead users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Troubleshoot and handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, dispatch and follow-up for routine end-user problems, making repairs and corrections where required.
- Educate and instruct end-users on various application and hardware issues and train users in effective use of applications where needed.
- Escalate more complex problems and/or outages to the appropriate team members.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade computers, monitors and peripheral equipment, as well as configuring operating systems and software.
- Patch and/or rewire cables as required for new installations and office reconfigurations.
Other Desirable Experience
- Minimum of 1 year Service Desk work experience in all phases of desktop support preferred
- Knowledge of Windows & Mac O/S required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on urgency.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work with all levels of corporate personnel and to convey a professional, courteous, and helpful identity of the IT Department.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Must be a Team Player
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Occasional Travel required
DDN Core Characteristics
- Basic understanding of ITIL a plus
- A+ certification or equivalent work experience a plus
- Basic Networking understanding a plus.
- Basic understanding of IOS and Android a plus
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities: Self-Starter -
Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives. Success/Achievement Orientation -
Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable. Problem Solving -
Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful. Innovative -
Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.