Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.Process Sciences . Bothell, WashingtonDescription
The Analytical Sciences Group at Seattle Genetics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Research Associate to join the mass spectrometry (MS) core group. This person will contribute to product characterization and comparability studies across all stages of clinical development. The ideal candidate will possess hands-on experience with protein mass spectrometry methods and data analysis. Primary responsibilities will include generation and interpretation of MS-based characterization data for monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and Antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) in support of clinical and commercial programs.
- Develop, conduct, and critically interpret experiments aimed at characterizing posttranslationally modified mAbs and ADCs
- Contribute to technical scientific discussions in group and team meetings
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to cross-functional teams
- Generate and interpret high quality data and technical reports to support various regulatory submissions including IND, BLA, IMPD, etc.
- Mentor/train other employees and interns as required
- BS. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with 2-5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotech field. Prior experience in research and/or development of recombinant human protein therapeutics is preferred
- Excellent analytical mindset and skills. Extensive hands-on experience with protein mass spectrometry, chromatographic (e.g. SEC, RP, HIC) and electrophoretic (e.g. CE-SDS, icIEF) techniques and other analytical methods is preferred
- Good working knowledge of fundamental biopharmaceutical principles including an understanding of protein structure and biochemistry
- Familiarity with MS data interpretation and analysis software such as MASCOT, Protein Metrics, Proteome Discoverer, or Skyline is a plus
- A proven problem-solver and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data and time organization/management skills with attention to details
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com