Continuous Improvement Leader
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Leader's role is to identify, lead, and execute the CI strategy via Lean and Six Sigma methods within his/her assigned business or segment. Responsibilities include performing business assessment, planning, facilitation, execution of CI projects including Kaizen Events, and sustainment through standard work and procedures. The CI Leader will work closely with the business leadership team to progress towards a culture of CI across the organization. As a result of successful execution, the CI leader will help deliver significant bottom line, quantified results as well as material “soft savings” (e.g., safety, business process, customer experience, etc.) improvements.
- Works closely with leadership to identify, charter, and complete CI improvements across all areas of the business
- Develops, plans, implements, and facilitates CI Daily Improvement, Cross Functional Projects (e.g., Kaizen Events), and Policy Deployment initiatives across the business.
- Generate and enable measurement and assessment tools enabling operational and CI leaders to evaluate potential areas for formal CI actions and to subsequently determine their operational and financial value.
- Recommend CI projects (e.g., Kaizen / Point Kaizen Events, major project teams, etc.) based on evaluating operational and financial data and qualitative analysis based on observation and discussion; supported by proposed budget and cost/benefit forecasts.
- Project manage approved CI projects and initiatives by coordinating necessary resources and setting and implementing budgetary and timing controls to achieve chartered goals.
- Coach, counsel and train managers, staff, and associates to apply, support, sustain and develop a CI culture.
- Facilitate cross functional CI projects/events as a Subject Matter Expert while empowering operational staff and associates to present ideas and create improvements and solutions.
- Determines the best CI and change management methodologies and tools to use for this given opportunity. Once selected, properly and effectively apply the selected approaches.
- Leverage best practices gained through CI activities to other activities within the business.
- Actively participate in MiTek Industries' CI Center of Excellence to advance the rapid sharing of best practices, development of standards when appropriate, and provide for professional development of the CI professional community.
- Frequent travel to MiTek's facilities
Skills & Abilities:
- Education and Experience:
- 4 year BS Degree in a related field with 0 to 3 years of job related experience or 2 year AS Degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of job related experience
- Master's degree in business, manufacturing/logistics, or engineering with three or more years experience in operations, process improvement, or related function preferred.
- Experience in leading Kaizen Events
- Certification: Certified Green Belt
- Technical Skills: Intermediate computer skills & mathematical skills
- Other Requirements:
- The ability to regularly attend work and to be punctual
- The ability to travel domestically
- The ability to work cooperatively with others
- The ability to perform several tasks at once
- The ability to work in an unsupervised environment
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
Diversity is not only part of our company's culture, it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce that is representative of our society, and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive to all members of the community. MiTek Canada, focuses on identifying, removing, and preventing barriers for persons with disabilities, and our policy complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
Bradford, Ontario, Canada