SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 51st anniversary as a company on April 1, 2021! Our core capabilities are: environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields, redevelopment, site remediation, solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for commercial and industrial clients and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental consulting firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative, and client-focused company and desire dynamic and challenging team-based work, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
- Under general supervision operates, monitors, and maintains landfill gas migration control/recovery systems.
- Additionally may occasionally assist with small construction repairs involving the gas collection and control system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field sampling of various test locations including wells, probes, headers, blowers, flares, pumps, etc.
- Data recording and analysis.
- Based on data review and consultation with supervisor, adjusts gas flow rates from wells, headers, and blowers (pumps).
- Operates and maintains various analytical equipment, including calibration.
- Records and maintains daily field logs reporting data collected, field observations, actions taken, and recommended actions to be taken.
- Reports/consults with supervisor (and in some instances client) regarding field conditions and test results.
- Implements necessary routine and non-routine repairs and maintenance required to keep systems operating and in compliance with various prescribed operating parameters and goals.
- Perform, supervise, and/or otherwise assist in required maintenance and repairs.
- Interact/supervise/manage vendors and/or sub-contractors needed to assist with operating, monitoring, and maintenance of the control/recovery systems.
- Preparation of preliminary cost estimates/proposals for work to be performed.
- Conduct on-site Health and Safety meetings (tailgate meetings) and verify that Health and Safety standards are followed by on-site staff and sub-contractors.
- A valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing is required.
- 1 year of experience in mechanical or construction-related fields preferred.
- 0-4 years of relevant solid waste experience preferred.
- Basic Computer Skills required.
- Effective organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Health and Safety Oriented work preferred.
- Entry level familiarity with technical instrumentation and equipment.
- Must meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), walking inspection of improved and unimproved property, lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.) and providing services under varying weather conditions.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.