US-TX-San AntonioReq ID:
Regular Full-TimeJob Summary
Supervises, coordinates, inspects and performs the assembly, installation and repair of components, subsystems and systems for the plumbing trade during the construction, tenant finish-out or remodel of commercial buildings and industrial facilities.Company Overview
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties
- Prepares material take-offs, layout appropriate systems and make isometric and schematic sketches from blueprints, specifications, submittals and job orders.
- Participates in job planning for work packages, manage construction/manufacturing schedules, man-hour needs and ensures appropriate staffing based on knowledge of equipment/tools.
- Coaches, mentors, and provides guidance to craft workers (plumbing trade). Schedules and coordinates activities of assigned craft workers and operation of equipment and machinery. Verifies all staff certifications when scheduling personnel on a project.
- Inspects work in progress and completed work to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Eliminates construction and job site hazards and perform required safety observations.
- Coordinates placement and storage of materials, tools and supplies to support the construction plan. Assists in maintaining assigned tool inventory.
- Verifies that delivered materials and equipment match approved submittals.
- As required, works with tools to meet construction schedules or other demands.
- Identifies conflicts or need for clarification in contract documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
Technical training or Associate's Degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
5-7 years of experience.
Proven experience as a Construction Foreman.
In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines.
Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems.
Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.