Harvard UniversityEEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Custodian B
Facilities Maintenance Operations (FMO) offers building &landscape maintenance, and custodial services to Harvard faculties and departments on a fee-for-service basis. All services are provided in strict accordance with customer-determined standards. As such, FMO operates as an in-house alternative to contractor services and therefore must manage itself under the same principles that guide any successful maintenance service business. Job-Specific Responsibilities
Performs routine and specialized cleaning of academic and non-academic spaces, including but not limited to offices, dormitories, laboratories, libraries, athletic facilities, classroom and assembly spaces, restrooms, common areas and entryways, as assigned. Maintains all assigned areas in a clean, orderly, and sanitary manner. Sanitizes bathroom surfaces, fixtures, and food handling/preparation areas. Restocks restroom and kitchen area consumable supplies daily. Broom sweeps, dry/damp/wet mops hard surface floors and stairs as assigned. Dusts and/or washes furniture, walls, and horizontal surfaces. Vacuums carpeted floor surfaces using light and/or heavy-duty vacuums. Empties and cleans trash and recycling receptacles and moves trash and recyclables to designated pick-up points. Strips, waxes and burnishes floors using power floor machines. Operates heavy-duty wet pick-up machines to remove liquids from floor surfaces. Washes interior windows and first floor exterior windows. May be assigned to perform residential housekeeping during Reunion/Commencement events. Performs related duties as required. May be required to move furniture or other heavy objects for extended periods of time. Performs snow removal assignments including shoveling, sweeping and applying ice melt or sand. May be required to operate equipment, including heavy floor machines. May be required to use ladders on a regular basis. May be required to work occasional overtime in support of business needs.Basic Qualifications
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 1 year cleaning industry experience required
- Basic proficiency in the English language including reading, writing, and speaking
- Provide responsive customer support in all phases of custodial and related building operations.
- Must be quality focused, customer service oriented and able to routinely communicate clearly in the English language with co-workers and customers in a professional environment.
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices and perform work in accordance with recognized industry and university standards.
- May be assigned to work independently or as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Area Supervisor and/or Crew Chief. Must be available to respond to off-hour emergencies as needed.
- May be required to work occasional overtime in support of business needs.
Ability to perform repetitive tasks as listed in the Duties and Responsibilities. Such tasks require repetitive stooping, bending, reaching and carrying, especially to vacuum, sweep and mop stairwells, perform high and low dusting or cleaning, etc. Must be able to tolerate dust and other airborne particles as well as approved cleaning chemicals. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lb. routinely, on a daily basis. May be required to lift and carry five-gallon pails of cleaning liquids at various times (weighing up to 40lbs.) Job Function
Energy & FacilitiesLocation
USA - MA - CambridgeDepartment
01 - Serv Emp Int Loc 615-CustodialPre-Employment Screening
Criminal, Drug Testing, Education, EmploymentHourly Rate From
24.09Hourly Rate To