US-IL-Glendale HeightsJob ID:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Retail - Management
Summary: Provides management leadership, direction, and coaching to a team of Retail Banking staff within assigned branch location(s). Independently operates branch office(s), accountable for customer service and operational integrity.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Accountable for leading a team to ensure consistent, exceptional customer experience within assigned branch location(s). Models customer service by engaging customers in the lobby, proactively identifying customer needs, offering advice and appropriate financial solutions, and resolving problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coaches and develops team to ensure maximum performance, service levels and appropriate results are being achieved. Responsible for ensuring that all staff is properly trained and knowledgeable on bank products, policies and procedures.
- Meets with staff on a consistent basis to solve problems, clear roadblocks to success, provide direction and clarification, act as an information source, communicate expectations and standards, and provide feedback on performance. Creates development plans for staff as needed to ensure continued growth.
- Holds regular branch meetings and huddles to share operational updates, marketing initiatives, and build teamwork.
- Responsible for all branch hiring and ensuring the successful onboarding and ongoing training/mentoring of bank staff.
- Tracks, identifies and implements plans to raise quality levels to meet or exceed standards and identifies service quality issues in products, processes, training, and branch staff and recommends appropriate action.
- Represents and promotes the bank in local community events.
- Monitors economic and competitive changes within the service area which could influence branch operations and growth. Strategizes with Regional Manager on market trends and ensuring branch staff is equipped to meet the demands of its customer base.
- Partners with commercial lending, cash management, wealth management, and other areas of the bank to deepen customer relationships.
- Prioritizes, manages, and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives. Responsible for customer retention. Professionally resolves customer complaints to a successful resolution.
- Adheres to the prescribed security controls to protect the bank against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Accountable for internal audit controls, safeguards branch operations by ensuring use of all bank policies and procedures and maintains compliance with all federal laws and banking regulations.
- May oversee multiple branches and/or retirement community locations.
- Frequent local travel is required.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate others;
- Minimum of 3-5 years Retail Banking experience with proven track record in customer service and operational performance;
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory and/or managerial experience, preferably in a banking environment.
Additional Requirements for Branch Manager II:
- Minimum of 5 years of recent Branch Manager experience and/or
- A second branch office or retirement center location.
Additional Requirements for Branch Manager III:
- Minimum of 10 years of recent Branch Manager experience and/or
- 2 branch offices plus a retirement center location.
Requirements for Performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, stand, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze. Frequently operates a motorized vehicle.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V