EMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. EMG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, disabled Veterans, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. EMG values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
EMG is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Nicole McCarty, 800-733-0660.
As a System Commissioning Engineer you will be responsible for developing various commissioning documents. You will also conduct field commissioning activities such as lead commissioning meeting, lead and witness functional performance testing and construction inspections. A successful individual should be very familiar with the commissioning process and various mechanical, electrical and building controls systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position requires 90-100% travel throughout the United States.
- Assist in the development of commissioning documents that include commissioning approaches, commissioning plans, functional performance test plans and commissioning reports.
- Assist in the writing of commissioning plans that are specific to different energy measures (ECMs) for ESPC projects.
- Write comprehensive functional performance test plans for complex ECMs.
- Lead and attend functional performance tests in field.
- Write and assemble commissioning reports.
- Attend and participate in project and constructions team meetings.
- Lead commissioning team meetings, documenting major topics that were discussed.
- Identify and report all ECM or project issues, diligently following up on these issues with the commissioning team until the issue is resolved.
- Demonstrate EMG's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follow all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of EMG's quality standards.
Maintain safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations. May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred. Approximately five years of commissioning experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in project commissioning
- Ability to troubleshoot various BAS systems. Ie: Siemens, Johnson Controls, Tridium, etc.
- Professional Engineering and Certificated Commissioning Professional certifications are requested
- Demonstrated experience writing technical and commissioning reports and documents
- Very knowledgeable of the Commissioning process with the ability to easily comprehend the projects scope and organize the commissioning activities per the commissioning process
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills with the ability to translate and speak to technical document to all levels involved in the project, both internally and externally
- Excellent leadership capabilities with the ability to lead a team (commissioning), without using much authority, and encourage and guide team members in the right direction for the project
- Ability to take ownership in the process, while working with others to meet the projects goals and assure the projects success
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally with other groups within the Siemens organizations and project partners to achieve the projects goals successfully
- The ability to manage conflict, by working with all parties to find successful solutions to issues that may arise throughout the process and is able to facilitate alternatives to find the best resolution to the issue at hand
- Exceptional communication skills written, presentation skills, etc.
- Able to successfully manage a varied workload with minimal intervention from Management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to work hard and drive business initiatives forward
- Ability to execute on business strategies with flawless execution
- Ability to prioritize projects and initiatives
- A team player willing to work with multiple stakeholders to drive projects through to completion
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to provide value and scale
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please visit our website at www.emgcorp.com
EMG is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Ask for recruiting, 800-733-0660.