CAMPBELL & COMPANY
Campbell & Company is a national consulting firm that serves nonprofit organizations and institutions in all sectors, including education, environment, healthcare, human services, arts and culture, associations and membership organizations, and civic and public affairs. The firm is based in Chicago with regional offices in Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and Washington, DC.
We are motivated by a desire to strengthen the nonprofit sector. We have high standards for ourselves and our teams, and we achieve those standards by helping one another do our best work. We respect and value our colleagues’ perspectives, and we see collaboration as an opportunity to learn from one another, support each other’s growth, and advance our collective knowledge. We are always looking to improve so we can better serve the nonprofit sector.
We have four primary service lines: fundraising, communications, executive search, and strategic information services. Collectively, Campbell & Company consists of 67 staff members, including 37 in Chicago and the Midwest, two based in Washington, D.C., seven based on the West Coast, and 20 members in our Northwest Office.
The Consultant helps Campbell & Company maintain a regional and national presence by contributing to the success of a variety of client projects. The Consultant will work collaboratively as a key member of several client services teams (five to ten at any given time), under the guidance of a project leader, and share information and experiences as an important part of each consultancy. They must be dedicated to outstanding internal and external client satisfaction; this includes demonstrating critical thinking by interpreting and addressing each client’s respective needs and building individual expertise by transferring insight and knowledge from one engagement to the next. They must also be committed to quality and attention to detail with regard to communication, development of written and printed materials, dissemination of resources and client information, and general client support.
This person will report to a Vice President in Chicago and will work closely with the Director of the East Region. This Consultant will primarily work with East Region clients, and will also participate as a member of the Associate Consultant / Consultant team collaborating and sharing with colleagues around the country. The successful candidate must have access to reliable transportation to attend Campbell & Company and client meetings when required. This can be achieved with his/her/their own vehicle, the use of ride sharing services, or public transportation or alternatives available to the candidate.
- Contributes to client projects and creates related deliverables, with oversight from senior staff, to achieve overall project goals.
- Contributes to building strong, trusting partnerships with clients; anticipates client and team needs, and ensures client projects and services are high quality and on established timelines. This includes working with client staff and volunteers on fundraising projects and campaign activities by preparing essential materials such as campaign work plans, strategy memos, reports, timetables, meeting agendas, and donor correspondence.
- Prepares for and participates in team meetings, presentations, interviews, and focus groups and workshops.
- Serves as project manager for campaign planning studies and contributes to counsel relationships, coordinating between internal teams and the client to ensure the timeliness of all deliverables.
- Provides counsel to clients in managing aspects of their development program or campaign on an interim or part-time staff basis, as appropriate. This may include on-site staffing and/or counsel.
- Drives projects across internal consulting staff including fundraising, communications, and strategic information services divisions to ensure successful client engagements; works closely with the strategic information services team to deliver services and integrate their work into larger client engagements.
- Demonstrates strong communication and project management skills and contributes to client and internal teams.
- Provides the highest level of service both internally and externally by mastering firm methodology and managing projects collaboratively and effectively with senior consulting staff and associate consultants.
- Establishes professional development goals that help build skill sets; actively networks with colleagues in the field or as a volunteer with a professional association to help identify new leads and opportunities.
- Participates actively and regularly in Campbell & Company internal meetings, events, workgroups, and task forces.
- Proactively serves with Senior Consultants and Vice Presidents as internal support for clients while defining his/her own role in a special interest area.
- Demonstrates excellence, remains committed to learning, and responds to firm requests in a timely manner.
- Seeks and shares new knowledge about trends in the field.
- Provides excellent service and stewardship that retains clients and leads to renewals.
- Contributes to high-quality proposals, and helps to develop and present proposals for services.
- Contributes to Campbell & Company thought leadership.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity requires residence and experience in the Washington, DC, area. The successful candidate will possess most of the following:
- Preferably four to seven years of fundraising experience demonstrating an upward progression in responsibilities, or relatable experience in consulting.
- A passion for the nonprofit sector, familiarity with a variety of nonprofit organizations and an understanding of the philanthropic climate.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines from multiple colleagues and clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with individuals and groups of varying size; the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Excellent quantitative, data analysis, and data management proficiency.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, solid presence and ability to self-assess and grow as a practice leader. A commitment to quality, sensitivity, and integrity.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents, including senior consulting staff, client staff, volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- High degree of initiative to collaborate with leaders across the firm, and the energy and ability to work independently.
- Comfort and facility with technology, including donor database knowledge and experience.
- Creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility.
- Ability and willingness to work remotely and to travel.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
Work at Home