Markets and promotes awareness of State and EDA products and services focused on small, women, minority, and veteran owned business enterprises and entrepreneurs through outreach directly to businesses and the organizations serving these businesses. Leads the development and implementation of proactive SWMVBE inclusion initiatives which support the EDA's SWMVBE utilization goals.ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes a comprehensive outreach plan to the small, women, minority and veteran business community, including, but not limited to, chambers of commerce, community based financing and technical assistance providers, small business development centers, trade and professional associations and minority business advocacy groups.
- Develops and maintains inventory of service providers to small businesses throughout New Jersey with a focus on women, minority and veteran owned enterprises and entrepreneurs
- Liaison role with the State's Chief Diversity Officer
- Identifies new partner opportunities to support policy and business objectives
- Builds, maintains and strengthens relationships with organizations focused on small, women, minority and veteran businesses
- Educates and markets the State and EDA's products and services to organizations serving the small women and minority and veteran owned business enterprises through meet and greets, public speaking events and presentations
- Coordinates resources to address identified needs in the marketplace.
- Plays a leadership role in in identifying and coordinating existing resources targeted to the business segment, as well as develops new program initiatives focused on targeted segment
- Acts as key representative of the State and EDA for public speaking events focused on targeted segment
- Works with Public Affairs/Marketing to prepare speeches and remarks aligned with EDA's SWMVBE efforts
- Collaborates with external business segments and internal departments
- Maintains and appropriately communicates EDA's SWMVBE statistics internally and externally
- Works with Marketing Division to manage SWMVBE content on EDA's website
- Develops and maintains robust tracking system for activity supporting SWMVBE
- Handles inquiries from the general public regarding all resources and directs them to Business Development for project assistance as appropriate.
- Inputs client information into CRM and updates system on a continual basis.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.