Hoosier Hills Credit Union is looking for an innovative and detail oriented online/mobile banking technology specialist to partner with our internal and external stakeholders to drive transformation and enhance user experiences. Technology continues to have a broad impact on the delivery of financial services, and this is an exciting opportunity to take a very visible role in developing and executing the strategy to deliver enhanced capabilities to our members.
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic and tactical interface for the purpose of aligning financial systems and mobile/online banking technology with business requirements including; strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, process engineering, system integrations, training, and communication. The ITBP is responsible for managing the lifecycle of the online banking application portfolio and serves as the business relationship link between business units and IT. The ITBP provides highly valued consulting, support, internal marketing functions, and guidance for key IT initiatives by programmatically managing the application portfolio to business unit expectations. They communicate changes, decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, upgrades, projects, and initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units use of applications and technology. They partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
The ITBP proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IT point of contact to business line executives and managers for their assigned applications. They operate as the key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities. The ITBP provides support in delivering online banking technologies that meet the needs of the business. The ITBP focuses on tactical initiatives and planning activities and strives to understand user challenges, system limitations, user priorities, and user issues and work proactively to resolve. ITBPs are proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are, by nature, driven and provide significant value to business units. ITBP's facilitate the investment intake process and the planning and execution of initiatives through the use of technology. They serve a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and implementation online banking and other financial application roadmaps and to ensure successful implementations, upgrades, training, and communication across the organization and end users.
- Represents IT as the Subject Matter Expert for online and mobile banking. Develops expert level application knowledge including interface connections, features, delivery methodologies, and performs necessary end-user training.
- Works with business units to understand end-to-end processes and recommends process engineering changes for improvement and efficiency. Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions or additions, and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments, upgrades, or changes.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) member needs.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that members and staff have the solutions they need, when they need them, and are best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with organization standards.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes, prepare and administer work unit operating budgets; provide recommendations on desired policies and goals and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.