Metalcraft of Mayville5 Axis CNC Programmer/Operator (West Bend)
US-WI-West BendJob ID:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Metalcraft of Mayville, IncOverview
$2000 Shift Bonus for 2nd and 3rd shift
This role is responsible for offline programing using Master Cam software to create programs for CNC Lathes, Vertical & Horizontal, CNC mills, and Horizontal 5 Axis CNC machine. Also work closely with the machine operators to ensure that all parts are correct and cut to company standards. Responsibilities
- Create and modify programs with company software and document all programs.
- Study the drawings of the components to be manufactured.
- Decide various machining operations required to manufacture the finished job.
- Add fixture design, build, program, and prove out 1st piece run on any given machine.
- Decide the sequence in which the machine operations have to be carried out and the amount of material to be removed in each step of the sequence.
- Depending on the dimensions of the finished job and size of the raw material you will also have to calculate the time required to manufacture the finished job.
- Write a program to accomplish various machining operations as per the required sequence and dimensions of a job.
- Requirements for this job include the ability to program, read blue prints, and do setup work.
- Programming, setup, and operation of conventional, special purpose, and horizontal, vertical machines, and 5 axis machines.
- Read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Facilitate work-order paper flow in accordance with company standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have at least five (5+) years’ experience in programming and set-up of CNC Machines.
- Must have at least eight (8+) of experience working in a machining environment.
- Expert with MasterCAM a MUST
- Ability to use Mastercam to program for multiple CNC platforms.
- Must be able to program utilizing models and working with multiple Axis and limited dimension drawings.
- Ability to do set-ups
- Solid troubleshooting ability related to work holding, tool selection, speeds, feeds, and etc
- Ability to do processing and work with engineering for router instructions
- MUST be strong with GD&T
- Experience with AS9100 is a plus
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well as a team member and manage and build relationships across departments.
- Detail oriented, able to problem solve with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Safety conscious behavior
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.